Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

strange loss of power

ash1972

Hi all im having an issue with my IS220D since around xmas time 2019 -  the car ive had for 2 years 57 plate runs really good , had the car mapped/dpf off/egr blanked back in 2017 and since then all cool , I had my fuel filter changed back last year Feb 2019 , iv'e always used V power diesel fuel , and sometimes would also chuck in a bottle of redex diesel once every few months -  Around xmas time 2019 i was driving up the motorway in 5th gear doing 60-65 , but when i came down a slip road and tried to move off in 1st gear there was no power at all , if i bring the revs up to 2K then the car would start moving and as soon as turbo cuts in it would shoot forward as normal , basically its like trying to move off in 3rd gear , When i get onto motorway slow starting and it builds up speed then the car would run and boost fine as long as its over 2K revs , i did over 100 miles recently on the motorway in 5th gear no issues , but when i come to a stop it struggles in 1st 2nd gear to move off , it will move but you have to rev it over 2K the lift the clutch off ,  i was  told it might be maf sensor , so that was changed for a brand new denso one , it made the car run a bit smoother but power issues still exist - there are no lights on dash and a freind of mine connected his snap on code machine to try read codes but zero , nothing , car starts fine , idles normally revs normally but trying to move off is like somethings holding car back ,  any ideas anyone ???? .... ???? 😯

• 2 weeks later...

30 minutes ago, is200 Newbie said:

Stab in the dark but are your calipers siezed? Not as far as i can tell , caliper pins were changed a few months ago all round

4 hours ago, Chuckie888 said:

Presumably the EGR fault you would receive after blanking it was mapped out and thus you do not know if it is the EGR causing a fault which would usually throw up a DTC.  Not sure 3 mechanics have checked it and are baffled as much as i