Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Guys,

My RX400H suffers quite badly from condensation, even with two large Halfords' dehumidifier bags in it.  I know the car is almost 12 years old but to constantly have to mop up moisture from inside the car windows is driving me nuts.  Any recommendations for a good dehumidifier, possibly 12V operated?

Hi

A dehumidifier might solve the problem but the root cause will still be there

I would check for leaks - this could be door, boot and sunroof seals and rear lights - also check for blocked rain channels.

Leave your aircon on all the time - this ensures dry air circulated into the cabin

Ensure recirculate is always left set to outside air

Leave airflow set to feet and front windshield.

I have a 430 and with these settings I hardly ever have to touch any control unless on iced up morning

Hope this helps

• Like 2

Thanks Cruisermark, I think the main problem is that my aircon went in the bung during the summer and I've been told it could be £600-£1000 to repair it.  What with the car being almost 12 years old i'm kinda loathe to pay that amount as i spent over a grand on the car last spring to get it thru its MOT and service. Might just invest in a 12v dehumidifier until finances become a bit more lively....

Block off the air vents and hire a smoke machine. Put it inside the car and see where the smoke emanates from - where smoke comes out, water can get in.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2020 at 3:12 PM, Herbie said:

Block off the air vents and hire a smoke machine. Put it inside the car and see where the smoke emanates from - where smoke comes out, water can get in.

Genius.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...