Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cruise Control

Merlin DD

Greta News!! Have just taken delivery of my F-Sport after ordering it back in March. Very pleased so far.

Have been wading through the myriad of options and controls but one which has stumped me is the cruise control. when I set the speed at say 68mph, when I increase or decrease it rounds up to the nearest 5mph then increases each press by a further 5mph so only able to cruise at 65, 70, 75 etc.

Am I missing something or is this correct?  every other car I've has allowed 1mph increases or decreases on the cruise function.

If you select the default adaptive cruise control, it does increase/decrease in increments of 5 mph... unless you reset it and then set it again at the current speed of the car.

"Regular" cruise control increases/decreases in increments of 1 mph.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies,

Handbook isn't particularly clear and can't seem to select 'regular' cruise without the adaptive/radar kicking in. Still early days, many more hours of exploring to come.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Merlin DD said:

Thanks for the replies,

Handbook isn't particularly clear and can't seem to select 'regular' cruise without the adaptive/radar kicking in. Still early days, many more hours of exploring to come.  

Thanks Darren.What did you drive before getting the Lexus ?

Edited by royoftherovers
typo

I had the same 'problem' when I had an ISF. Can't quite remember, but I'm sure if you push the button in to select cruise control, and then push the stalk away from you for 5 seconds, you should then have the normal cruise you desire. Once done it remains until you turn the ignition off. 

• Like 1

On my RX450h if you select radar cruise it sets to your speed  what you are doing say if you push lever down.  Say you are doing 37mph.

If you lift the lever it goes to 40 and then only goes up and down in 5mph increments. 

I believe that what PRT68 says is probably correct regarding normal cruise (I haven't tried it yet). 

Thanks for all of your replies, I spent another hour sat on the driveway scrolling through the handbook & options and have now figured it out.

When you first press the cruise button it selects adaptive as a default which leads to the 5mph increments, however, if you hold the cruise select button down for a couple of seconds it changes the mode to select 'normal' cruise and allows the 1mph increments to be selected. Happy days.

Now I just need to get to grips with the main display options :-)

• Like 2

When you first activate the adaptive cruise control,  whatever speed you were doing at the time of pressing the button will show as the actual speed.   So if you happen to be travelling at 63mph then the cruise speed will show as 63mph.   However as others have said once you press the + or -  buttons it will default to 5mph increment adjustments.

If you get use to using the Adaptive Cruise control then go very careful if at some point in the future you use 'normal' cruise control as you will obviously not slow down when approaching vehicles!!! Don't ask me how I know this as I want to forget the moment!!!

paul m.

I had the same 'problem' when I had an ISF. Can't quite remember, but I'm sure if you push the button in to select cruise control, and then push the stalk away from you for 5 seconds, you should then have the normal cruise you desire. Once done it remains until you turn the ignition off. 
You're correct, however this does not apply to the ES: the cruise controls are steering wheel mounted buttons as opposed to a separate stalk.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10 Plus using Tapatalk

Hallelujah! I was pootling along the now average speed camera controlled section of the A605 this morning and thought "I know, I'll stick the cruise control on so that I can rest easy about getting nicked". I got into a right tizz when trying to adjust the speed a bit as I did in my IS250 by moving the lever down. "What's going on here? " I asked myself as the speed suddenly began to drop. "Have I broken it?" Now thanks all of you above, I know what was going on. Cheers everyone!