Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Annoying Rattle/noise from dash area IS250 2006

Hi Guys ,

I have a Veeeeeeeery annoying rattle from , I think , the centre section og my dash .

It happens when I drive over bumps or just an uneven road surface.

Its driving me NUTS !!! 

It seems to stop when the car / dash gets warm ??

Maybe some expansion going on?? 

Is this common ?? 

there is this guy on youtube who has the same problem  

There was a Lexus recall/TSB fix for dash rattle in the early years of this car.

Do a search on here, one fix was a rubber piece tucked in between dash top and bottom of windscreen in the middle.

• Thanks 1

As per Paul's advice, a small piece of rubber pressed in between the top centre of the dash and the base of the windscreen sorted this problem for me.

Dec.

• Thanks 1

On 1/10/2020 at 10:43 AM, Texas said:

There was a Lexus recall/TSB fix for dash rattle in the early years of this car.

Do a search on here, one fix was a rubber piece tucked in between dash top and bottom of windscreen in the middle.

Thanks for that Declan !! not been able to find anything more about this on here , loads on another Lexus site.

Silly question but could you give me an idea of the size and thickness of the piece if rubber you used please , knowing me I will try to jam a tyre in there lol !!

Cheers Mate !!

On 1/10/2020 at 5:09 PM, Beamish said:

As per Paul's advice, a small piece of rubber pressed in between the top centre of the dash and the base of the windscreen sorted this problem for me.

Dec.

Thanks Paul ! any ideas as to sizes ...thickness etc ?? 

Hi Alan,

Just had a quick look at my car. The rubber I used  is roughly 10mm x 10mm x 10mm.  I think I used a bit cut from an exhaust O-ring but anything with a bit of pliability should work.

Dec.

• Thanks 1

hallelujah !! 

I couldn't find any rubber so I used some of that felt pad stuff you stick under chair legs .

Its about 8mm thick ... Slid one piece down the middle as you said and two pieces stuck back to back in the far right near the door pillar and it's Gone !!! I mean its really just GONE !!!! 

Such a HAPPY BUNNY !!! 

Thank You Guys !! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My 2005 is250 had the same problem. The noises were awful 😧

Here's how I solved 99% of my problems:

• Buy some black 10mm thick neoprene foam (eBay)
  • Cut the foam into 50mm x 80mm segments
  • Fold them, and stuff them into the gap between the dashboard and the windscreen

👍

• Like 1