Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Suspension Help

So all, my front shocks have started to show a very light misting of oil. I have said well the car is still under warranty so that should cover it. But the dealer thinks it will be rejected as the warranty group consider that fault as wear and tear. If it was making a knocking sound then they would replace. Either way they have put the claim in. 

I remember someone on here and eBay selling an after market setup but for the life of me can't remember who. 

Anyone remember? 

17 hours ago, Arqum said:

So all, my front shocks have started to show a very light misting of oil. I have said well the car is still under warranty so that should cover it. But the dealer thinks it will be rejected as the warranty group consider that fault as wear and tear. If it was making a knocking sound then they would replace. Either way they have put the claim in. 

I remember someone on here and ebay selling an after market setup but for the life of me can't remember who. 

Anyone remember? 

Unfortunately my experience of warranties, unless perhaps it's a main dealer, is they're not worth much.  When I had my GS it came with a shiny warranty booklet but both claims I made were rejected as parts hadn't actually "broken" being worn wasn't enough!

I had a front shock replaced under extended warranty last week, though I imagine its easier for the dealer to argue the case on a 4.5 year old car. The price they quoted on the health check sheet was £627, but it is not clear if that was for one or the front pair

19 minutes ago, Arqum said:

So this is main dealer with the lexus warranty. 

Surely a main dealer warranty will cover you then. The shocks may not have failed but if they're leaking then they're faulty.

When I bought my ISF it had a noise coming from the front off side, assumed it was a bush. After various checks it was the shock itself, completely lost all of its oil. I ended up buying a full set of Tein shocks and replacing them all. It turned out all 4 were actually pretty much done but had varying degrees of misting. I was going to replace just the two front shocks with Bilsteins but getting them has been difficult (think they are on back order, even though many places advertise them). For not much more I got a full set of coilovers (Tein Street Advance, about £450 for the set, adjustable height and damping).

Happy enough with the Tein's so far but I understand many go with the BC racing set usually as the spring rates can be specific. Others will know better.

Sorry, not much to add on the warranty but it might help if you need to replace them yourself.

There was someone selling a set that were after market but I'm trying to find out who. Dealer had put the claim in but said they have had claims rejected on leaking as if they are not making a noise then the warranty company consider this as wear and tear. 

1 hour ago, Arqum said:

There was someone selling a set that were after market but I'm trying to find out who. Dealer had put the claim in but said they have had claims rejected on leaking as if they are not making a noise then the warranty company consider this as wear and tear. 

Wasnt @NothernDan selling his after fitting his air ride set up??