Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just bought a sc430

peasoup39

Hello again after a long absence of about 6 years

Had a few GS300 cars over the years but got rid of the last one as i purchased a Porsche 944 track car and needed to tow it to my local circuit. Best advice i could get for fitting a towbar and oilcooler was close to 3 grand so the Lexus had to go and did i miss it.

Now well retired and not wanting a big cruiser any more i was stuck for what to buy. I do not like modern cars as they all look alike and are boring so what do you get if you want to be a bit different?

What could be more different than a Lexus sc430 with everything you could wish for fitted as standard, a style all of its own and a big V8 that burbles along.. Brilliant.

Its a black 2005 model ( cheapish tax) and everything works as is the norm with Lexus.

Only thing needed is the spare wheel cover in light grey so if anyone has one for sale please email me on peasoup39@hotmail.com

I look forward to reading and contributing to the forum in the future

peasoup39

• Like 1

12 hours ago, peasoup39 said:

Hi Jack. What part of Wales is home.

Hi Peter Cardiff is my home, I purchased my SC430 last year, from"Lexusman" Richard who runs this website dedicated mostly to SC430's https://forum.lexusownersclub.com.

He repairs and sells them, currently selling Number 52 at the moment.

jack

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2ddesign said:

Hi Peter Cardiff is my home, I purchased my SC430 last year, from"Lexusman" Richard who runs this website dedicated mostly to SC430's https://forum.lexusownersclub.com.

He repairs and sells them, currently selling Number 52 at the moment.

Jack

jack,

I`ve looked at The Lexusman`s website and find that he has had some nice SC models.

What is he like to deal with and are the conditions of his cars all that he says they are ?

I am beginning to get an itch for an SC model as it looks like an older man`s Touring Car and I am in that category !

• Like 2

John

In used car purchases you have to accept some variations in condition and you have to compromise on your expectations.

If you buy from Richard you are offered a 6 months warranty. I had my SC checked out by Lexus after and had a service there, just to make sure all was OK.

Recently all SC430's had an airbag recall, some models have the cheaper tax and are facelift models, as always a good Lexus service history is useful.

Mine is just a fun summer only vehicle and is wonderful to drive with the top down, expecting to use 6 months only a year.

Jack 

2 hours ago, 2ddesign said:

John

In used car purchases you have to accept some variations in condition and you have to compromise on your expectations.

If you buy from Richard you are offered a 6 months warranty. I had my SC checked out by Lexus after and had a service there, just to make sure all was OK.

Recently all SC430's had an airbag recall, some models have the cheaper tax and are facelift models, as always a good Lexus service history is useful.

Mine is just a fun summer only vehicle and is wonderful to drive with the top down, expecting to use 6 months only a year.

Jack 

Many thanks jack.Much appreciated.

My passion is the old air cooled Porsche marque and i was lucky enough to invest in some a few years ago when reasonably priced. Now retired i have restored them so have plenty of summer fun car experience. I was looking for an everyday car which will not be used much and struggle to find anything i really liked until i saw the SC430. Its 2005 so cheap tax, high miles but with a lot of work having been done to it and in beautiful condition. It was very fairly priced so if it lasts me a few years and goes phut i can break it for spares and get my money back. Happy days.

• Like 2