Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Key Problem

Unlocked the car with the remote, no problems, then went to lock the car and the key doesn't work, tried my spare keys too and no luck. Seems like the car has forgotten the keys (read some other threads about this), will go to dealer to get it fixed but does anyone know where the receiver is that needs to be changed - want to make sure that nothing in the car is in the way of the receiver for when they look at it.

Took car to dealer today, changed batteries on keys - no luck. Tried to reprogram car - won't accept any programming so something dodgy going on with control unit. To replace is going to be around 1300!! Anyone know where its located so I can make sure its not just a loose connection or anything that can be fixed easily. If not i'll just leave it, not paying 1300 to get it fixed, way too expensive.

Took car to dealer today, changed batteries on keys - no luck. Tried to reprogram car - won't accept any programming so something dodgy going on with control unit. To replace is going to be around 1300!! Anyone know where its located so I can make sure its not just a loose connection or anything that can be fixed easily. If not i'll just leave it, not paying 1300 to get it fixed, way too expensive.

I'd PM colin barber or geoffers for advice.

Then find a good autoelectrician.

I know one but he's in Dorset :duh:

Hi guys

Sometimes ive had the same problem and i'll tell you what i think it is,make sure the ignition switch/barell is fully anticlock wise when you pull the key out as sometimes it sticks and it will not let you lock the doors using the plip as it thinks the key is still in the ignition obviously.Try turning ignition on off a few timesand see how you get on,should cure problem!!!!!! :D :D

Hi guys

Sometimes ive had the same problem and i'll tell you what i think it is,make sure the ignition switch/barell is fully anticlock wise when you pull the key out as sometimes it sticks and it will not let you lock the doors using the plip as it thinks the key is still in the ignition obviously.Try turning ignition on off a few timesand see how you get on,should cure problem!!!!!! :D :D

hmm, that could be it, this is what i did:

unlocked car on button to get wallet

got wallet,

wanted to know time so put key in ignition turned on to check time and then off and took key out

got out of car

woulnd't lock on button