Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

evening gents

Has anyone been able to reset the yaw sensor without going to lexus... as my car has no mot so... I cant get there until I get the mot.. catch 22.

thanks for your time again

• 1 month later...

Update time....... with the aid of some wire and a paper clip I managed a yaw sensor re-calibration... zero point calibration even... all the diagrams I found online were showing the wrong pins.... 4 and 13 it turned out to be 4 and 14.... it was free and its done thanks for everyone's help.

• Like 1

Really odd this little glitch isn't it? I get emission warnings occasionally that are easily cleared using Techstream but every time I also have to do the zero point calibration. This got so tiresome that I've now ditched Techstream and connecting via the OBD altogether and just pull a couple of fuses.

20 hours ago, rich1068 said:

I get emission warnings occasionally that are easily cleared using Techstream but every time I also have to do the zero point calibration.

Do you mean one needs to do a zero point calibration whenever one resets a check engine light via Techstream?

1 hour ago, LexIS200Sport said:

Do you mean one needs to do a zero point calibration whenever one resets a check engine light via Techstream?

There's a glitch with some GS (from what I know around '01/'02) that requires you to perform the calibration whenever you connect and then disconnect anything to or from the OBD socket regardless of whether it's a £10 eBay code reader or £££££ of genuine Lexus workshop equipment. So for example, you get an emissions light and connect to read and clear the code. Next time you start the car and move off you get the VSC/VSC Off warnings and have to re-connect Techstream or whatever to perform the calibration. Once that's done you're good to go but it does get tiresome. Hence I don't bother with Techstream any more and try to avoid connecting anything via the OBD.

• Like 1

Not a bad idea Richard..... tbh I left mine standing for a good few months as I didn't want to part with it as it was fairly low mileage and ran sweet.

I only drove it to northern France and back then parked it up as I got my celsior and it has sat there looking at me everyday, ever since.

My daughter wanted it as her 1st car... but a 3 litre gs will be an arm and a leg to insure and run and I will probably have to fit some of that bill if not all, so it has to go and a cheaper to run corolla has to be found instead.