Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlight beam adjustment

I will driving in France shortly and having previously owned a RX450h am wondering if the same situation regarding headlight beam adjustment applies to the NX300h (2019 model).

I have seen a response from Lexus Customer relations dated September 2013 stating the following:

"I can confirm that the HID (High Intensity Discharge) headlamps on the RX 450h do not need to be converted for travel on the continent.

The set up of the headlamp is such that the light shines in a horizontal flat beam which has no kick up and as such is not dazzling to drivers of oncoming cars.

We would recommend that the Intelligent Adaptive Front-lighting system (I-AFS) is switched off when travelling on the continent".

The adaptive front lighting system is not fitted on the NX but not sure if the type of headlamp is the same.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

On 1/13/2020 at 11:17 AM, Summerbj said:

I have seen a response from Lexus Customer relations dated September 2013 stating the following:

A  lot can have changed in 7 years... I suspect that the more sophisticated AHS now used probably handles both LHD and RHD roads with no problems.

Took my NX to France last August (March 2019 NX) we were fine and had no bother from the authorities.

I did email Lexus UK before I went and got the following reply.

Thank you for your email.

In regards to your comments, I can confirm that older style conventional lens headlights will need beam deflector stickers for travelling abroad as their lens design gives the lights a 'kick'.

In the past few years Toyota have moved to fitting Projector Headlamps (halogen, HID and LED) and these light projectors have a flat beam pattern so that they can be used in Europe without the need for beam converter stickers.

To be 100% certain that your project headlamps will not need beam deflector stickers when travelling in Europe you could ask your Centre to check the headlight beam pattern with a beam tester (as carried out in the MOT test), or the customer may be able to check the pattern if the headlights are on at night, when parked in front of a flat wall/garage door etc. 

I hope this information has helped with your enquiry, and thank you for taking the time to contact Lexus. 

Kind regards

Ryan 

Ryan Light
First Line Customer Support
Toyota (GB) PLC - Lexus Division

If you park your car and shine your lighhts on a wall you will see they are flat and do not kick up on the nearside. If this is the case you will be OK