Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wanted: Someone to look after my LS430 near Worthing

Alexx

Need a garage or someone, perhaps even just another club member, to help me keep my LS430 properly maintained. Have not really the ability or inclination to do more than trivial things myself. Though having said that I am certainly a Lexus fan.

Obviously once the car gets to be so old it's only worth buying new parts or going to Lexus when it's really necessary.

26 minutes ago, Alexx said:

Obviously once the car gets to be so old it's only worth buying new parts or going to Lexus when it's really necessary.

aha, and  when that age might arrive do you think ?

Malc

Well I live in Worthing and I can certainly recommend someone who knows them inside out who will be happy to do most things for you, and he's very reasonable. I've only ever seen a silver LS430 around, parked opposite the seafront, would that be yours?

That sounds just the job. Would certainly be interested in looking into that.

No, that's wasn't me, mine is gold. I did see one in Lidl's car park about a month ago, I think that was probably silver. The only one I can remember seeing. What colour is yours?

2 hours ago, Alexx said:

That sounds just the job. Would certainly be interested in looking into that.

No, that's wasn't me, mine is gold. I did see one in Lidl's car park about a month ago, I think that was probably silver. The only one I can remember seeing. What colour is yours?

Mine is a very dark blue Celsior with gold badges. I'm in Cornwall this week but drop me a pm with your details and I'll contact you when I'm back.

20 hours ago, Malc said:

aha, and  when that age might arrive do you think ?

Malc

For me it might be when the price of the new Lexus part or parts goes above about 20% of the car value but only a rough idea. Depends what the part is as well. And I'm not the expert, I was looking for one.

at17 years old every time you fill the tank it's getting closer to that 20%  ...........  hehehehehe

seriously though, our perception of value is often very different to the insurers when it comes to crunch time

mine in August was an amazing £1595 with 220k miles .......  the insurers write-off value and some £195 more than I paid for her 8.5 years and 100k miles earlier

but then buying her back to repair at 27% of that value, excess etc and the true valu is always more to the holder than the insurers would reckon  ........  so mine lives another day, or hopefully 10 years

Malc

2 hours ago, Alexx said:

For me it might be when the price of the new Lexus part or parts goes above about 20% of the car

2 hours ago, Malc said:

at17 years old every time you fill the tank it's getting closer to that 20%  ...........  hehehehehe

Goodness me, that made me think. 15% of my GS's value every time I fill the tank. Which is quite often!