Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC500 Convertible For Sale...

Martin F

• 2 weeks later...

On 1/28/2020 at 12:40 AM, Linas.P said:

They should have at least fitted the new wheels from LC convertible, instead of standard gore ones... 

Image result for LC convertible"

I think if you look closely they are not the same at the standard LC wheels.

I think that is the point - LC Convertible concept wheels are beautiful. I would call them "striking and fitting other design elements of the car", whereas current LC Sport and Sport+ wheels are ugly in my opinion. Non-sport ones are just boring...

This is the actual car in autoshow - the key point however is that it is official 2021 car. Why would anyone spend £2 million on £80k car ? I guess there are people who are rich and stupid enough to spend such money just to be first, but Lexus is not like Bugatti where it would count or attract the interest. Further even after spending such money, there are no guarantees one will be able to register and drive the car, because that is not production model. There might be ways of legitimise it, but then by the time it is done the actual production model will be out. To have it simply as showpiece in your collection - I mean I could get it done cheaper - give me LC, angle grinder and you can still keep £1.8 million.

10 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Why would anyone spend £2 million on £80k car ? I guess there are people who are rich and stupid enough to spend such money just to be first, but 

I guess you didn’t read the whole text? Particularly the bit about 100% of the hammer price going to charity?

On 2/3/2020 at 11:28 PM, Martin F said:

I guess you didn’t read the whole text? Particularly the bit about 100% of the hammer price going to charity?

Ohhh that is why... "totally makes sense". This "charity excuse" just so outdated, are there any people who still believes it?