Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Curious on the Ages of the "F" owner

52 when I bought my ISF. 15 months in now and my problem is I dont use it enough with the use of a daily driver, the wifes car, a Motorhome, and a 2 seater buggy. First world problems hey.

My first V8 was a TVR Chimera when I was in my late 20's. 

I recon there might still be enough time in my driving career for one or 2 more V8's before eco warriors call time on the fun.

After wanting one since my early twenties, I've finally achieved it, i'll be turning 30 in a couple of months.... So far i'm thrilled with the ISF! does everything so well, the daily commute pottering along listening to LBC,  then the weekend blat with the windows down!....Perfect! 😀

I first saw a white ISF drive past my office in 2009, forgot about it. Purchased an IS250 in 2014, then rediscovered the ISF on this forum, purchased one in 2016 at the age of 33. 

On 1/16/2020 at 1:42 PM, gb1600e said:

52 when I bought my ISF. 15 months in now and my problem is I dont use it enough with the use of a daily driver, the wifes car, a Motorhome, and a 2 seater buggy. First world problems hey.

My first V8 was a TVR Chimera when I was in my late 20's. 

I recon there might still be enough time in my driving career for one or 2 more V8's before eco warriors call time on the fun.

I'm really happy to see such a age range on this community!

Yeah i'd give it about 5-10 more years before everything turns "eco".

On 1/14/2020 at 5:57 PM, dman2004 said:

Always been a fan of the Supra, what version did you have?

Could you imagine the 2JZ in the ISF 😉

Apologies only just realised I hadn’t replied.

I had the Turbo predecessor to the 2JZ.  It was a great cruiser & a very nice place to be, but didn’t handle quite as well as it’s replacement.  I had it for 6 yrs then my brother-in-law had it for a further 6 yrs & in that time it didn’t miss a beat requiring nothing but standard servicing.  

Had Toyota continued producing the Supra beyond the 2JZ version or other performance cars to rival the German stuff I’m sure I would have returned sooner than I did.  Its a shame they didn’t make better use of the 2JZ - although if I remember correctly it was used in the earlier Sportier Lexus GS’s.  

When I read about the ISF in 2008 it was a no brainier for me, I bought one as soon I no longer had a requirement for 5 seats.  I loved it & wouldn’t have replaced it with anything other than another F - absolutely brilliant cars 👍🏻

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links