Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2018 RX450h No paper manuals?

I recently changed my 2014 RX450h for a 2018 RX450h at my Lexus dealer in Kent. When I looked for the manual, I realised that it had been supplied with an IS 300h manual, which is not the right manual for the car. I phoned the dealer, who told me that they don't have paper manuals any more and that I should download the PDF instead, which wasn't what I was expecting and felt a bit like a fob-off.

Does anyone know if this is true?  It seems wrong to me as there was a manual in the car albeit the wrong one.

I also notice there's only the IS 300h user guide and a Lexus Roadside Assistance booklet with the previous owner's details in it (maybe a GDPR issue, but that's not my concern right now).  Given the wrong manual and previous owner's details, I'm now wondering what should be included in the manual pack so I can ensure I get what should have come with the car.  I'm guessing there should be a service book and maybe an infotainment system guide.  Is the contents of the 2018 RX450h manual pack documented anywhere?

Owner's and Infotainment manuals are now online download PDFs 

Register with the My Lexus website and you can access the manuals and also see the complete service history for the car

Manuals can be access separately if you wish simply click on the icon top right of the home webpage

https://www.lexus.co.uk/

• Like 2

I recently bought a pre-reg 2019 RX450h and got a 250-odd page paper User Guide, plus a service and warranty book with the car. As has been mentioned above the main owner's manual and infotainment manuals are available online.

5 hours ago, Pondlife said:

I'm not sure, but I don't fancy trying to navigate and read a 200-page PDF manual on the central screen.

Roy, Why don`t you ask Lexus UK Head Office (by email) to let you have a hard copy? You will not be the first person to make such a request.

• Like 3

I emailed customer support and was told I could have the full users manual and the Nav. manual for free, which I immediately requested and two days later both arrived in the post!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Pondlife said:

Thanks for the information everyone.  I'll contact Lexus UK customer support to see if I can get a manual, and will register with My Lexus for the service info.

Go to the dealer and ask for a paper service book. They should as a condition of Lexus Approved supply one. 

On 1/17/2020 at 10:43 PM, westo3 said:

I emailed customer support and was told I could have the full users manual and the Nav. manual for free, which I immediately requested and two days later both arrived in the post!

^^ Same with my NX. When new the car comes only with a high-level user guide and service book, with advice to see the full manuals online. One e-mail to Lexus UK and a couple of days later I received the full set, including navigation, for free.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/19/2020 at 4:40 PM, First_Lexus said:

^^ Same with my NX. When new the car comes only with a high-level user guide and service book, with advice to see the full manuals online. One e-mail to Lexus UK and a couple of days later I received the full set, including navigation, for free.

I've just done this myself, after deciding I would prefer to look things up on paper rather than via a screen (I'm a bit old school). It only took a couple of weeks from sending the email to receiving the manuals today. Good service considering the lockdown, and will give me plenty of bedtime reading! 😀

• Like 3

It's a sad inditement that when one buys a luxury SUV from Lexus there are excuses for not supplying a paper manual.  Cost cutting.  If it were a green thing then it's gross hypocrisy!   Nine times from ten, when I want to reference a manual it's when the head is buried under the bonnet or I'm otherwise engaged with the car looking for something or fault finding.  It's bad enough that most modern manuals lack the detail of say a 1980's manual, let alone not supplying a physical one and just not acceptable given the new purchase price.

3 minutes ago, GSLV6 said:

It's a sad inditement that when one buys a luxury SUV from Lexus there are excuses for not supplying a paper manual.  Cost cutting.  If it were a green thing then it's gross hypocrisy!   Nine times from ten, when I want to reference a manual it's when the head is buried under the bonnet or I'm otherwise engaged with the car looking for something or fault finding.  It's bad enough that most modern manuals lack the detail of say a 1980's manual, let alone not supplying a physical one and just not acceptable given the new purchase price.

Send email to Lexus.co.uk requesting paper manuals.

• Like 1

Did this for our new UX. Manuals arrived in the post.

Also downloaded the manuals from Lexus online. Sometimes it is easier to find what you are looking for on the laptop by searching for a key word in the e-manual.

JBP

• Like 2

14 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Send email to Lexus.co.uk requesting paper manuals.

I don't need to as I have paper ones already for mine.  It was a comment on new ones coming in without them I was making above.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GSLV6 said:

I don't need to as I have paper ones already for mine.  It was a comment on new ones coming in without them I was making above.

My RX did originally come with a 300-odd page handbook (plus service book), but this doesn't give anywhere near the level of detail of the full handbook and navigation manuals (nearly 800 and 400 pages respectively!).