Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys, just purchased this GS 450h 2007 and having it shipped from Aberdeen to Shetland.

I notice the rear nearside reversing sensor appears to have lost its colour cap, is it of any importance?

Not received the car yet this is one of the drop off pictures from the transporter.

thumbnail (1).jpg

Saw your posts on FB the other day. Quite a leap of faith Colin! 

I have an earlier GS and have had the sensors on and off mine a dozen times. If your later model is at all similar and the sensor is inoperative you may be able to wiggle it out without taking the bumper off. An old credit card or similar between the bumper and sensor and work your way round. Spares are available on eBay.

13 hours ago, colinfaeshetland said:

Hi guys, just purchased this GS 450h 2007 and having it shipped from Aberdeen to Shetland.

I notice the rear nearside reversing sensor appears to have lost its colour cap, is it of any importance?

Not received the car yet this is one of the drop off pictures from the transporter.

thumbnail (1).jpg

Welcome Colin.You have bought a wonderful motor...........the same as mine.

If you bought from a Dealer, they will probably arrange for a local garage to attend to it for you at their cost. If you bought it privately, then it should not cause any problems, but the advice offered by Rich 1068 seems sound.

On FB Colin said he'd bought it unseen hence my leap of faith comment. That said, you know the story of mine and 3.5k miles in it's still going strong.

Another thing you should look at straight away Colin is to check for rust under the car. If it's sourced from further south then fair enough but I looked at the underneath of a 400h that had spent its life around Aberdeen and it was very badly corroded.

• Like 2