Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ES Takumi or F Sport

Roberto71

Hi all. New poster here from Dublin. 

I'm currently in a 2019 Merc E220d AMG spec. But am looking seriously at Lexus for my next car as I like the designs and the hybrid engines. Prior to the Merc I had about 6 BMWs in a row. So it would be a big move away from ze Germans. Lexus are popular over here and well regarded, (I've noted a strange thing on YouTube; the UK reviewers, they don't seem to ever rate any Lexus highly, it seems weird). 

I'd be looking at an RC or ES, (maybe RX450h 2nd hand at a stretch). I like the look of the ES a lot and the interior is more modern than the RC. 

On the spec levels, I'm torn between the Takumi (called Premium spec over here) and F Sport. I like the exterior look of the F Sport and the tacho but I think the interior of the F Sport is a bit bland? I wouldn't go for red seats and the black interior seems very black indeed even with the sunroof. The interior of the Premium/Takumi looks a lot more interesting with nice colour combos and better seats and leather.

Whats the feeling on these two spec levels? Is the ML sound system as good as they say? And are there any Sonic Titanium owners here? it seems a really interesting colour.

Hi Roberto, if you like more refinement than sporty style I suggest Takumi. Do not expect a German like ride like BMWs, Lexus mission is smoothness and refinement.

ML sound system is very good, while infotainment is not as user friendly and it needs some time to be accustomed to.

My RX 450h is Sonic Titanium, and I like that colour, changing with light.

Thanks Luigi. I fully expect the Lexus to be very different. I've come to the point that with traffic and speed limits, having a very sporty car and ride is now irrelevant on our roads. My commute is a mix of urban motorway and back roads and I want it to be as comfortable as possible. Almost like wanting to sink into a comfy chair and waft home in comfort with a great sound system. My Merc is very good at that in fairness, I expect a Lexus IS even better.

1 hour ago, Roberto71 said:

Thanks Luigi. I fully expect the Lexus to be very different. I've come to the point that with traffic and speed limits, having a very sporty car and ride is now irrelevant on our roads. My commute is a mix of urban motorway and back roads and I want it to be as comfortable as possible. Almost like wanting to sink into a comfy chair and waft home in comfort with a great sound system. My Merc is very good at that in fairness, I expect a Lexus IS even better.

Try an RX450h if you want comfort in a vehicle suitable for your Irish bog roads (I have dual citizenship with my family being out in North Tipperary). I have owned both a 2015 3rd generation Advance model and now a 2017 Premier 

Both would be good. The adjustable suspension in my current car is fabulous and the ML sound system is superb. 

On 1/17/2020 at 5:25 PM, Roberto71 said:

I'm currently in a 2019 Merc E220d AMG spec. But am looking seriously at Lexus for my next car as I like the designs and the hybrid engines. Prior to the Merc I had about 6 BMWs in a row. So it would be a big move away from ze Germans. Lexus are popular over here and well regarded, (I've noted a strange thing on YouTube; the UK reviewers, they don't seem to ever rate any Lexus highly, it seems weird). 

I'd be looking at an RC or ES, (maybe RX450h 2nd hand at a stretch). I like the look of the ES a lot and the interior is more modern than the RC. 

On the spec levels, I'm torn between the Takumi (called Premium spec over here) and F Sport. I like the exterior look of the F Sport and the tacho but I think the interior of the F Sport is a bit bland? I wouldn't go for red seats and the black interior seems very black indeed even with the sunroof. The interior of the Premium/Takumi looks a lot more interesting with nice colour combos and better seats and leather.

Whats the feeling on these two spec levels? Is the ML sound system as good as they say? And are there any Sonic Titanium owners here? it seems a really interesting colour.

I think the ES looks brilliant in F-Sport guise. Remember that you can actually add the Takumi pack to the F-Sport in order to get you the best of both worlds.

Having said that, for what you are looking for in terms of comfort, the Takumi will probably be the better option

• Like 1

If comfort is your priority then it’s the Takumi spec (at least here in the U.K.).  Takumi has 4-way electric lumbar on both front seats.  F Sport only has 2-way.  Takumi has very long extendable thigh extender on the drivers seat which is part of the seat memory.  No such thigh extender on the F Sport. These were priorities for me, together with auto ventilated front seats which is why I went for the Takumi.  At the time F Sport models didn’t have auto ventilated seats but I don’t know if the 2020 models now have this.

The ML audio is stunning and you will not be disappointed as is the HUD - all 10.3” wide.

Personally, I love the Sonic Titanium colour.  I’ve had 2 Lexus in this colour and it, depending on the light, changes from silver to bronze-gold.  Plus, it always looks clean.😀.  

• Like 1

I wasn’t sure on Sonic Titanium at first but the right car came up and we now have a GSF in this colour. I’m now a big fan and as mentioned above, it almost always looks clean unlike our Artic Pearl RX! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, might be too late to add my thoughts.

The Takumi has alot of features over the F sport but I believe you can add the Takumi pack to the F sport. (  I like the F sport styling)

If it helps I have a video on the ES takumi if you want a more indepth tour of the car?

If i