Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Split/fold rear seats in mark 3

Hello SlowV6

Good to see you on here. I used to post under the name of 'Stonesfan' on the Honda Accord forum and owned that immaculate blue 1999 V6 Coupe. I did toy with the idea of a Saab 9-5 Aero but for a few reasons decided against it. Loving my GS250 though 🙂

cheers. 

On 1/17/2020 at 5:32 PM, SlowV6 said:

Hi there,

Please would someone be able to confirm if the 2005 onwards GS has split/fold rear seats or not. 

Or even a ski flap if not!

Thanks 

Hello former Stonesfan, good to hear from you! Thanks for your note and glad you are enjoying Lexus ownership. I am a fake member here really as I still don't own a Lexus even after thinking about it and threatening to do so for several years. I really want an LS430 but it makes little practical sense and that seems to be holding me back, although I did test a leggy facelift a while back. An RX400H is next favourite and much more practical but the crime wave of cat converter thefts has put me off completely for now. Really annoying. A GS would sit somewhere in the middle of the two, but the odd omission of the split fold rear seat counts against it and to be honest I might as well go 430 in that case!

is your old Accord coupe still going? Mine is i have recently discovered, although on a private plate, which made it harder to find. It is on 140k miles now.

i recall you went to an e60 523i after your V6 and now you have a Lexus.

i got a sheddy 9-5 Aero (auto, with Noobtune) after my V6. It was a lot faster than the Accord but the Honda was much nicer in most other ways and was a nice example. The build quality, despite being US made!, was way better.

i have found LOC to be a very helpful and likeable forum. One day I will have one. Just need my old CMax to blow up ideally...

whats a GS250 like then?

The GS250 is lovely. Ticks all the boxes for me. Comfortable, brisk, well equipped, superbly built and most importantly reliable. Its was a lone UK market survivor when you think about it. The last in line of a series of large, extremely reliable Japanese standard V6 powered cars. Never the fastest or most exciting choices on the market but by far the best buys second hand if you want hassle free motoring. 

Very pleased with it so far. 

As for the next conquest in 3-4 years time its pretty demoralising really. Will not go German again. Will probably be a Lexus ES Hybrid or a Toyota Camry Hybrid although I'm sure I'll be paying for the privilege. Whats certain is that the good old days of being able to buy a cheap, fast comfy old larger petrol engined car (without being hammered by enviro-taxes) is coming to an end.