Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Parking sensor sensitivity

The entrance to my drive is narrow and has hedges on each side. As a result I have come to ignore the continuous bleeping from the various sensors which go off, and continue going, while I park the car. This happens even when I perform a straight, centre of the road entrance and exit.

Except that, when I needed to use the car early this morning and, slightly bleary minded, exited normally and straight, or so I thought... Until there was the crunching sound of plastic hitting a low wall at the bottom of the hedge on one side... Now I have to get a quote to have the auxiliary light moulding sorted out and resprayed. Fortunately it's only the ABS mouding which has popped out in some way, the glass of the lamp fitting is unmarked.

Is there a way of reducing the parking warning sensitivity so it goesn't go off when there are at least 2 feet to spare before obstructions?

I don't believe so, but the buzz you get should change according to the distance to the nearest object (not to mention a display indicating the distance in the centre of your console) so you should be able to tell if something is VERY close. Mine also buzzes as I pull into my drive, but I'm never blasé about it, and quite happy that the car is nervous about the gap its got! Makes me think every time. Good luck with the repair.

M,

Steve is so right & my concentration lapsed when I entered my garage with my pristine clean car as the heavens opened.

I was in reverse & ignored the image of my bike.

Cost me £140 to erase a very minor scratch.

The Auto- Brake is fantastic & has saved me twice in crawling traffic yet I have to drive over the Auto -Brake jolt every time I garage my NX.

The cars Systems are superb & you ignore them @ your peril.

All the best.

Tel

I have always had this problem, my GS however I remember did have more than one sensitivity setting which sorted it. The IS300H had lost this, so I assume the NX has as well, being replaced by the variable frequency bleep. But when there are continuous bleeps going off on one side or the other, which seems to happen when the car is about 2 feet from an obstruction, one does learn to put up with them.

" Good luck with the repair. " Thanks!