Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2014 ct f-sport, what do I need to know?

Stuno1

Hi all,

Looking to get back in to a Lexus for a family car. I like the ct f-sport and the 2014 models are a really good price. 

Is there anything I need to know? Assume Lexus still do 10 year warranty? Also, do they come with memory seats? What options were available for these?

stu

Not sure CT would be the right one for family car. Depends how big your family is I guess. It is a good car but small with tiny boot.
Standard guarantee is 3 years / 60k miles if I remember correctly, extended warranty available. Hybrid Battery can be guaranteed up to 15 years with yearly Hybrid Health Check.

Hi, we have a daughter and have had the ct as a courtesy car previously.  I am just trying to establish if there are any known issues. Also, what options there were over and above the f-sport spec. Finally if lexus still offer bogof on extended warranty. 

Thanks in advance.

Stu

I have a 9 month old and we are doing just fine with the CT, pushchair fits nicely in the boot taking up approximately half of the space, plenty of room for shopping etc. It's enough if you know that's what you're getting into and aren't expecting more.

The warranty is definitely not 10 years. 15 years for the hybrid Battery potentially as mentioned above, if you get the yearly hybrid health check, normally free if you get it serviced at Lexus.

The F sport does have memory seats with three options if I remember correctly (mine is not an F-sport but I have been in one when I was looking to purchase a CT).

The Toyota/Lexus hybrid system is generally very reliable and nothing much goes wrong with them, we've got three in the household, two of which have over 100,000 miles and are still going strong.

Thank you for the reply. My daughter is 6 so it will definitely be large enough. 

With the warranty I mean extended warranty. When I had my isf you could get the Lexus warranty on a car up to 10 years old and they also did buy one year and get the second free. I’ll enquire at my local Lexus garage.

Do these cars have any known issues I need to be aware of? I am assuming not and reliability is the reason for me looking to buy one. 

Stu

The reason I bought one was lack of know issues and over 5 years of ownership had only one - corroded sliding pins of rear brake calipers. Car was out of warranty at that time, managed myself with only new sliding pins and some cleaning. Except for this only regular service over 50k miles.

• Like 1

Not sure if the 2014 all had memory seats. They certainly don’t on the 2018 cars, although mine does as it was part of the leather seat upgrade or the pack which added the parking sensors all round. Lexus seem to change the configuration slightly each model year.

The F sport isn’t any quicker and the suspension is slightly stiffer than the already firm ride so perhaps look for the best example that ticks your other requirements. If that happens to be a F Sport fine but the other CT models are pretty good too and something like the Advance + has much of the same toys for less money. 

30 minutes ago, colin79666 said:

Not sure if the 2014 all had memory seats. They certainly don’t on the 2018 cars, although mine does as it was part of the leather seat upgrade or the pack which added the parking sensors all round. Lexus seem to change the configuration slightly each model year.

The F sport isn’t any quicker and the suspension is slightly stiffer than the already firm ride so perhaps look for the best example that ticks your other requirements. If that happens to be a F Sport fine but the other CT models are pretty good too and something like the Advance + has much of the same toys for less money. 

The f-sport like the premiere has a high base spec with only a few options available if I recall such as sunroof etc. Appreciate the fsport will have firm suspension but I like the styling. 

From looking at images the fsport has memory seats as you can see the buttons on the driver side door.

I have a 2011 SE L Premier with every option. I’ve had it since new and I’m on 102K and apart from services and one recall it hasn’t needed anything else. It’s faultless and still drives like when I 1st got it. So far it’s passed every MOT with no advisories. I won’t be getting rid of this soon.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk