Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After 4 months & 4000 miles

So I have my 300h luxury for 4,000 miles and I have got to love it,I did do a lot of extra soundproofing and bought a centre consul shelf,a sun glasses holder to replace the over head handle.( all should be standard) I bought beige mats which look great,I fitted parcel nets on each side in the boot ( should be standard) I fitted mud flaps and I fitted additional rubber sealing in all doors to prevent mud getting in.

i have had Mercedes for 20 + years which had all these as standard,the Lexus is a lovely car,it drives well it is now very quiet.

i have ordered headlight up-grade bulbs as the lights are not good on main beam with the obsolete halogen bulbs ?

The car is far more expensive on fuel than my 220 CDI 9 speed (55 to 60 mpg) just driving it,the 300h is doing 33 / 38 mpg and that is trying,if I don't try it is 30 / 34,( imperial gallon) yet I would not go back to the Mercedes.It is a pity they don't make a plug in 300 H like Volve which would make the Lexus a real dream car.

On 1/19/2020 at 6:45 PM, Kevin Deasy said:

The car is far more expensive on fuel than my 220 CDI 9 speed (55 to 60 mpg) just driving it,the 300h is doing 33 / 38 mpg and that is trying,if I don't try it is 30 / 34,( imperial gallon) yet I would not go back to the Mercedes.It is a pity they don't make a plug in 300 H like Volve which would make the Lexus a real dream car.

Have you viewed the Lexus YouTube video on driving a hybrid. 

My 2017 RX450h over the 3300 miles I have owned it has averaged 35.67 mpg. I refuelled yesterday and the last tankful was 38.8mpg admittedly quite gently driven). These are tankful to tankful figures from my phone app so are accurate. 

Glad you're enjoying the NX. 30/34 mpg sounds on the very low side, but there are several older threads on here about fuel consumption. Many owners report a big seasonal variation so your fuel economy may improve with warmer weather (in winter I usually average around 38 mpg, and 43 in summer). A plug-in version of the next generation (2021?) seems likely given that Toyota have launched a 302 bhp PHEV version of the new RAV4 and will bring it to the UK (and presumably to Ireland):

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-la-motor-show/toyota-rav4-plug-hybrid-uk-details-confirmed

On 1/19/2020 at 6:45 PM, Kevin Deasy said:

Have you viewed the Lexus YouTube video on driving a hybrid. 

My 2017 RX450h over the 3300 miles I have owned it has averaged 35.67 mpg. I refuelled yesterday and the last tankful was 38.8mpg admittedly quite gently driven). These are tankful to tankful figures from my phone app so are accurate. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Martin J said:

Glad you're enjoying the NX. 30/34 mpg sounds on the very low side, but there are several older threads on here about fuel consumption. Many owners report a big seasonal variation so your fuel economy may improve with warmer weather (in winter I usually average around 38 mpg, and 43 in summer). A plug-in version of the next generation (2021?) seems likely given that Toyota have launched a 302 bhp PHEV version of the new RAV4 and will bring it to the UK (and presumably to Ireland):

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-la-motor-show/toyota-rav4-plug-hybrid-uk-details-confirmed

^^ This is roughly in line with what I achieve, and I agree 30/34 sounds quite low for an NX.

The economy you will get will also depend on the types of roads you regularly use. If I use the M4 for my daily commute and travel at higher speeds economy drops significantly to early 30s mpg. Use b-roads and lanes, which I do in Spring and Summer, and travel at 30-50 mph and I achieve mid-40s mpg without trying.

Surprised to read the OP thought extra soundproofing was necessary, as I find the NX very quiet as standard. I can only assume that coming from a saloon to an SUV was the 'issue' here?

Thanks for all the replies,

1). It was better Sept /Oct around 38/ 45,I notice that the petrol starts and stays on for longer while it warms up.

I do 100 miles Motorway @ 65/70 and 120 miles local driving but no bad traffic.The car has only done 18,000 miles so I am hoping it might get a little better.

LIGHTS.--- my LED upgrade light bulbs arrived,they are fantastic,they have a perfect cut off so they don't affect oncoming cars.

the focus did not need to be changed they were the same.

they are not easy to fit,took a little modification.