Wombleman

Condensation in Headlight

Anyone come across this problem before?

2015 IS300H NSF Headlight full of condensation, never dries out!

Is there a solution to this and why would it happen!?

They are very expensive to replace new from Lexus.

Cheers

Headlight.jpg

I’ve had this on a another car that are used to own, was a real pain in the backside.
The only way that we effectively remedied it was to take the headlights off the car strip out all the bulbs and with a hairdryer gently blow heat into the headlight unit until it dries out.
We had a dry we then Benson time making sure that all of the seals were good and that there was little chance of any further condensation creeping into the headlights.
The only other alternative is as you have said to buy replacement headlights and even secondhand they are quite dear

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Had this on my GS. HEADLAMP WAS REPLACED UNDER MY EXTENDED WARRANTY !

usually an age-old garage trick on very many cars is just to pop out the bulb holder from the housing and let it evaporate out, often with some gentle hairdryer help maybe !

that's assuming you can get to the rear of the lamps ok :whistling:

Malc

Years ago, I used an old radiator hose with a hairdryer to direct the air to the bulb hole.

Need to check headlight for damage as if you do dry it out it will only reoccur. Look for stone chip/hole in glass, damage to seal between glass and plastic case and any gaskets/seals on the bulb access panels. Water/ moisture laden air is getting somewhere and condensating with temp changes. There is a hole to atmosphere somewhere causing this problem.

Note: if you have an MOT due anytime soon it may very well fail.

Paul m.