Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ice inside rear window

With the recent drop in temperature, I have been noticing that the inside on the rear window on our GSF has been freezing. Water then drips on to the rear shelf when the demister is turned on which is far from ideal. 

None of the floor mats or carpets seem to be wet and the AC is always in use when the car is on. 

My initial daily commute is about a mile which means that the car isn’t really warmed up before I get to work so maybe I’ve answered my own question there.. but other than making sure the window is spotless, is there any other solution to prevent this from happening? 

I normally drive with all of the blinds up but I’ve put them down today to see if that makes any difference 🤷🏾‍♂️

Thanks for your reply @Herbie. I will give these a try as the window was frozen again by 10 pm last night 

Fustratingly even after an hour of driving last night the radar cruise would not work as  my front camera was still fogged up, despite the heater being constantly directed at the front windscreen 😡. I can’t imagine that this is normal?

On the adaptive cruise issue often this time of year the glass Lexus badge on the radiator grill which covers the radar can get very salty/dirty blocking the signal. 
I also have had success with dehumidifiers in the car over the years. In my experience if you have damp in the car it can take a surprisingly long time to dry out even if the source of the damp is stopped. Good luck!

7 hours ago, Legendliving said:

On the adaptive cruise issue often this time of year the glass Lexus badge on the radiator grill which covers the radar can get very salty/dirty blocking the signal. 
I also have had success with dehumidifiers in the car over the years. In my experience if you have damp in the car it can take a surprisingly long time to dry out even if the source of the damp is stopped. Good luck!

Ah yes, I realised after writing that post that the camera probably has nothing to do with the cruise. I will go out and give the badge a clean. Thanks for your advice. 

Something is obviously wrong, mine sits on the drive for weeks at a time, used it earlier this week for a couple of days and no issues whatsoever, sounds like a seal is not sealing properly, only time any condensation should be present is after a drive and there are two different temperatures inside and obviously outside, if condensation is apparent then something needs addressing......is a window down by a couple of mm?.....this is literally all it takes to cause an issue.

14 hours ago, Womble72 said:

Something is obviously wrong, mine sits on the drive for weeks at a time, used it earlier this week for a couple of days and no issues whatsoever, sounds like a seal is not sealing properly, only time any condensation should be present is after a drive and there are two different temperatures inside and obviously outside, if condensation is apparent then something needs addressing......is a window down by a couple of mm?.....this is literally all it takes to cause an issue.

Agreed. Something wrong as moisture shouldn't be getting in. Kids not closing the rear windows fully has been my problem in he past. If it's not a window then it needs looking at by the dealer if a door seal has gone. Did you buy from a dealer or have a warranty ?

Thank you for your replies. 
Yes we purchased the car from Newcastle Lexus last year so the car is still under warranty. 
I have tried the dehumidifier packs and they seem to have done the trick. However the weather isn’t as cold down here in Bristol now so time will tell if the problem returns.  I will get it booked in if it does and keep you posted.