Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Does the ct200 have a problem with cat theft?

007M

Hi Stewart, 

Welcome to the LOC!

Agree with John above. That is a really helpful Lexus Dealership there! Good example of great customer service. Fingers crossed during your years of happy CT ownership, they will be there for you and continue on their good start so far.....🤞🏼:thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

had our CAT stolen off the drive before xmas. it took them 3 minutes. (our neighbour's CCTV picked up their arrival and departure).

Lexus dealer repair and catloc fitted. looks great....but I heard it doesn't (always) deter the thieves....only delays them. It goes from a few minutes to 30ish minutes.

so we are a little more carful where/how we park. in car parks that means parking between other cars rather than on its own. and facing into the space rather than facing out. on the drive parking head first at the garage (if only it fitted in it!). anything that will make the thieves think it will add time. 

as you'll know the first action is they cut the alarm cables...so parking so they can't get to the front helps...but again...a thief is a thief 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mikedb said:

had our CAT stolen off the drive before xmas. it took them 3 minutes. (our neighbour's CCTV picked up their arrival and departure).

Lexus dealer repair and catloc fitted. looks great....but I heard it doesn't (always) deter the thieves....only delays them. It goes from a few minutes to 30ish minutes.

so we are a little more carful where/how we park. in car parks that means parking between other cars rather than on its own. and facing into the space rather than facing out. on the drive parking head first at the garage (if only it fitted in it!). anything that will make the thieves think it will add time. 

as you'll know the first action is they cut the alarm cables...so parking so they can't get to the front helps...but again...a thief is a thief 

If pro, and as such well equipped with tools, cat-lock will add less than 5 minutes. I think.

Still 5 minutes can be enough to get better pictures of them and their getaway car.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

How much does Lexus charge for the CatLoc and installation. I bought my CT yesterday and had no idea thieves were targeting them. 

1 hour ago, sinktip said:

How much does Lexus charge for the CatLoc and installation. I bought my CT yesterday and had no idea thieves were targeting them. 

Lexus Teeside chargers me £250 was in for an hour 

Hello everyone and I surely hope you're well. I'm not sure if you know or are aware but a catloc doesn't stop the catalytic converter from being stolen. I have a friend who had the thickest one on his car and these thieves cut straight through it, no big deal for these professionals. Bare in mind the whole things takes them a minute and they are gone not to be seen again. Scary but reality! 

• Like 1

Catlock is a great thing for Lexus to get work and to let us pay for something that will delay a pro 5 - 10 seconds.

8 hours ago, b4u2 said:

Hello everyone and I surely hope you're well. I'm not sure if you know or are aware but a catloc doesn't stop the catalytic converter from being stolen. I have a friend who had the thickest one on his car and these thieves cut straight through it, no big deal for these professionals. Bare in mind the whole things takes them a minute and they are gone not to be seen again. Scary but reality! 

On 5/1/2022 at 11:25 PM, b4u2 said:

I don't think you will ever stop a thief stealing your cat....but maybe...or hopefully....the catloc will offer as a deterrent  

If you want to keep the car I guess you have to try something