Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS400 in red - what do you think of the colour

LS400 for sale on eBay in metallic red, link below. This caught my eye because of the colour, price and it’s near me. I’ve not seen many LS400’s in this colour and I quite like it so will have a look at the weekend. What do you guys think of the colour?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F264605916694

Hmm, not a factory colour that I've ever seen. It wouldn't be my choice either, although in the flesh it may look better....but I doubt it!

I think the rear picture doesn't help as it looks pink!

7 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

as it looks pink!

in olden times beware that this type of red very often faded to a yukky pink  ...   but if it's an original factory 38 coat finish then it should be ok  ( I guess ! )

not a colour I would ever go for though

Malc

38 minutes ago, Malc said:

in olden times beware that this type of red very often faded to a yukky pink  ...   but if it's an original factory 38 coat finish then it should be ok  ( I guess ! )

not a colour I would ever go for though

Malc

I'm guessing it's a respray otherwise this colour would have surely come up somewhere over the years.

With that mileage I would be checking the running gear for knocks and clunks, and if it tramlines, likely to need work doing on front end at some time.

As to the colour, I have always liked red, but stopped driving red cars over 25 years ago, because (and I kid you not) every red car I have ever had (4 in total) were hit by other motorists within first month of ownership -  luckily all company cars so at the time it was not my personal insurance taking a hit.

Not sure if it is just quality of pictures, but is  there some slight bubbling on the rear arches?

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

I'm guessing it's a respray otherwise this colour would have surely come up somewhere over the years.

Probably why I've never seen one in that colour................I'm just curious about the car and will have a look, as it's only 20 mins from where I live, and get some info about it. I've no intention of buying it at the moment but you never know, I may be tempted😀

25 minutes ago, Razor61 said:

Probably why I've never seen one in that colour................I'm just curious about the car and will have a look, as it's only 20 mins from where I live, and get some info about it. I've no intention of buying it at the moment but you never know, I may be tempted😀

Like I say, in the flesh it may look really good.

Check out the mileage on the mot history, it's all over the place 

For some reason  the reg isn't working now, but when I checked it a couple of days ago, the mileage was all over the place. 

8 hours ago, cruisermark said:

It is a respray because the rear wheel arch liners has also been sprayed red

You can also see the original colour in one of the pictures on Autotrader, the picture of the drivers door window switches shows the sill.

2 hours ago, MotorDevil said:

That red is a bit too bright for an LS.

For the older gen there is a nice red/burgundy, suits better and would look well with the correct wheels:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/car/283751143836?hash=item4210e2d99c:g:D78AAOSw~6Fdbn5a

Now that looks really nice in photo's and just down the road from me.  Worried by the A/C not working and no mention of the Cam belt change.    Done little mileage in recent years. I like the Wheels.

15 hours ago, MotorDevil said:

That red is a bit too bright for an LS.

For the older gen there is a nice red/burgundy, suits better and would look well with the correct wheels:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/car/283751143836?hash=item4210e2d99c:g:D78AAOSw~6Fdbn5a

Now that I do like, a classy colour for a classy old girl.

classy colour but suffering from a lack of recent use over the last 5 years I would think possibly

buy it at a sensible price, then sort out the cambelt, pulleys and waterpump change, replace the UCAs, make sure all 4 tyres are in good serviceable condition .......  nothing eye-wateringly expensive to do for sure :whistling:

:yahoo::yahoo:

Malc

22 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Now that I do like, a classy colour for a classy old girl.

Seller has a viewer today. I suggested he change the description as it couldn't be found if anyone put "Lexus LS400" into a search on  t'bay.   Wonder if its a member viewing?  If so, I'm only seven miles away and would be interested to see/compare, if purchased. Can pm me to meet.

• Like 1