jac114

There first pics are how crap it was..

crap1

crap2

Then out with the drill and wire brush attachment to get it like this

fully stripped no trace of old paint

Then just masked off around the wheel with masking tape

masked up ready to go

O.k have can in hand shall get to work with 2 coats primer but first i dont want to spray over the polished centre so i smeared some grease over it to stop the spray from sticking

wheel with 2 coats primer

twiddle your thumbs for a bit coz i am waiting for it to dry now..lol will add more pics when i do the top coats

craig

also looking good - hope u got all of the corrosion out though or you might find ur self doing it again!

if you want a product that will protect the aluminium once you have stripped the paint off then let me know - its just a liquid that u brush on then paint over.

alochrome 1200 details

oh i like the white tyre valve ! LOL :P

looking swish buddy...............................

i may be intrested in this aluminium stuff rob

it is a powder that u mix with water - alochrome 1200 but be aware that u will need a chemical filter mask ( no probs 4 u i know) as if inhaled it will cause cancer :excl: but once in water it is ok but requires the use of gloves.

also looking good - hope u got all of the corrosion out though or you might find ur self doing it again!

if you want a product that will protect the aluminium once you have stripped the paint off then let me know - its just a liquid that u brush on then paint over.

alochrome 1200 details

oh i like the white tyre valve ! LOL :P

thats the good thing about the wire brush in the drill you can get right through the corrosion back to nice shiny alloy..

Then out with the drill and wire brush attachment to get it like this

fully stripped no trace of old paint

Looking very NICE star,

but wudnt it have been possible to polish this finish perfectly? and then laquer the it? :whistling:

yes it would off but that would just be so much work to get it perfect. and its not as easy as it looks in the first place to get in all the nooks and grannys..

Wow they are gonna look brand new again :)

well done Craig :D

Cheers mate,,

Although i think i should have masked the whole tyre,,lol looks like the fine misting got everywhere.. o well should come off after a few miles.. not bad cosidering b4 doing them i have never sprayed anything b4

yeah looks o.k.. i have had to do all this in my smal bathroom as i live in a flat with no garage or shed..lol.. the only problem is when i checked on the wheel this morning there are a few tiny specs of dust stuct to it where the kids have wafted in and out... arghhhh nevermind..

hmmm black innerds not sure about that..

:o Isn't it aggravating, having to keep getting the car back up to how you'd like it....then you 'kerb' it ever so slightly.....

I wonder how my (Graphite) LS400 would look with matching colour wheels? (Better than the corroding-ish ones I have now.

Do Lexus do a Chrome LS400 wheel?

Chris Skelton

yeah looks o.k.. i have had to do all this in my smal bathroom as i live in a flat with no garage or shed..lol.. the only problem is when i checked on the wheel this morning there are a few tiny specs of dust stuct to it where the kids have wafted in and out... arghhhh nevermind..

craig

dont forget to ventilate the room, wear a mask, and keep any pets away

those fumes arnt good for ya :crybaby:

its funny when you blow your nose and get a slime the same colour your spraying :lol:

craig

its funny when you blow your nose and get a slime the same colour your spraying :lol:

Man i was enjoying those fumes... :D

As an ex health and safety controller at my old works.. of course i used protection :winky:

craig

well craigs got a green car... so no difference there

perhaps yours looked like a nose bleed :lol::lol: