Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Change Head Unit for 3rd party unit

djc46

Hi,

I'm interested in replacing the original head unit in my CT200h with one that has additional features, such as navigation, touch screen, able to use reversing camera, Android Car Play,  better phone integration etc. I have found this model online which the company claims is compatible, and is also available for a right hand drive model.

https://www.dvdgpsnav.com/lexus-ct200h-dvd-player-lexus-ct200h-navigation-gps-dvd-radio-head-unit.html

Has anyone bought this unit, and can tell me if it's any good, as its a lot to spend if it's rubbish, but does seem good value for the features it has. Also does anyone have exoerience of the company and how reliable they are.

I appreciate any advice you can give.

Thanks

Duncan

by the look of this unit it is for a left hand drive car

as the mic is on the left hand side of the head unit

ask if they have one for a right hand drive car

3 hours ago, djc46 said:

Hi,

I'm interested in replacing the original head unit in my CT200h with one that has additional features, such as navigation, touch screen, able to use reversing camera, Android Car Play,  better phone integration etc. I have found this model online which the company claims is compatible, and is also available for a right hand drive model.

https://www.dvdgpsnav.com/lexus-ct200h-dvd-player-lexus-ct200h-navigation-gps-dvd-radio-head-unit.html

Has anyone bought this unit, and can tell me if it's any good, as its a lot to spend if it's rubbish, but does seem good value for the features it has. Also does anyone have exoerience of the company and how reliable they are.

I appreciate any advice you can give.

Thanks

Duncan

Just to remind you that if your changing the infotainment system that will invalidate the warranty and you won’t be able to claim it back if anything happens to the system. I had spoken to lexus and they are going to putting a retrofit system for Android and iOS devices. Also doesn’t your car have navigation built in? If it’s the basic one I agree it’s really rubbish. We have the premium navigation and I prefer that as i can send instructions to the car. 

I have looked into a number of options for the wife's car and choose a piggyback type box that I have posted about here ...

You don't say what audio system you have at the moment if it is Mark Levinson then this is the only way to keep the factory Amp working .... The stereo that you linked may not work and you could loose the functionality of the base Lexus system .... 

Also be aware that the system is running Android as its operating system it doesn't look like it will support android auto or apple CarPlay , this can sometimes be added with a USB dongle . This means that you will have to have a USB dongle modem or use your phone as a hotspot to get Data into the stereo for Waze or streaming Audio etc..... 

• 2 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links