Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Chopper

Steve

Blast from the past when i went into the big H and saw they are selling the chopper mark III

Those old enough will know what i mean

its a push bike and the new model has all the mirrors, hooters the lot.

Fantastic!

noticed the newer choppers have gears in the handgrip and no longer have them in the "sack" area.

Also noticed it has a £200 pricetag :crybaby:

Anyone remember the Chipper? It was the choppers little brother with solid rubber tyres heheh

noticed the newer choppers have gears in the handgrip and no longer have them in the "sack" area.

Also noticed it has a £200 pricetag  :crybaby:

Anyone remember the Chipper? It was the choppers little brother with solid rubber tyres heheh

I thought its little broth was the tomahawk and then the budgie ,the new ones seat looks silly it has a normal seat and then a backrest were as the origonal had a one piece seat for you and the bird on the back ,how cool was that :ohmy: :yack:.Anyone remember cowhorns ,you used to put them on your racing bike to make it look more hip. :D

E U regulations state that its unsafe for the gears to be on the crossbar!!....WHAT A BUNCH OF :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

I borrowed my brothers, after 2 days of ownership i went to the shops,parked it outside on the road----looking all cool as i spun the pedal round to prop it up on the kerb,went in the shop,and someone came in shouting the bus driver had just run it over,sure enough it was lying there the back end was a mess.Just b4 the bus pulled in the bike slipped of the pedal and slid in the way of the oncoming bus!!!........dam my a.s.s was red raw from the hiding i got from the old man :lol::lol:

Paul did you have a BLUE one :winky:

I remember racing a mate on one of these. He rode my 'racer' while I rode his chopper.

Er.. no, better rephrase that. :blink: Well, OK, you know what I mean :P

Anyways, over a 200m sprint I did beat him. unfortunately, I discovered the meaning of 'tankslapper' at the end of the run. I can't recall which parts of me hit which parts of the bike or ground, but it was all rather painful.

The phrase 'form over function' still comes to mind whenever anybody mentions them.

I had a BMX Boxer (in effect a baby Grifter without gears i think?)

Loved that bike.

I took some real hammer and I was totally gutted when my mate tried pulling a wheelie and the entire front section came off in his hands. The first ever BMX Boxer unicycle :lol: :o :lol:

Think it was still in my parents shed until a few years ago

Up to 8 yrs ago I had a raleigh 21 speed road bike, used to do about 200 miles a week, then I found that a car was better :D just watched the weight pile on then :lol:

lol and found a chipper!!

This makes me want to attach playing cards to the front forks and ride down hills again :lol:

chipper.jpg

never seen that before :blink: was that the pre war version of the chopper it looks like something john boy walton would ride :)

lol Mudz I have no clue

I just remember having one (which was passed down by my older brother) when I was a kid and loved it as I could ride over glass and all sorts as the front tyre was solid rubber (I cant remember if the back was also).

that one in the piccy looks really tatty as hell compared to the one we had as kids :D