Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Very Annoying Lexus Issue

Having owned 4 Lexus models (a 2004 IS220D, 64 plate CT, 66 Plate IS300H and now an 18 plate NX300H), I have loved every one of them to varying degrees.

The 220D was a really nice car, but I had to get rid due to the nasty diesel engine.  The CT was a great car, but a little on the small side for me.  The IS300H was fantastic in all areas and beats it's rivals hands down in my opinion.

My current NX is, I can honestly say, the best car I have ever owned, and I have owned a lot of cars in my 40 years of driving.  A mixture of Ford, Nissan, VW, Mercedes and Honda have all been parked on my drive in the past. None of them can match Lexus for quality and reliability in my view.

However, there is one thing that all four Lexus models have suffered from which really infuriates me.

After washing the car, winding down the drivers door window (and presumably all other windows) leaves a lot of water marks on the freshly cleaned glass.  Each and every Lexus I have owned has suffered from this problem.

Is this something that I have to suffer, or is there a quick fix that I am not aware of?

Every car I've owned has suffered this, inherent in the design of the window rubbers with a felt insert to help reduce scratches.

Nothing to be done, except don't wind the windows down until the water has evaporated!

• Like 1

I reckon it's a problem motorists just have to live with, dependent on the efficiency of the window seals.  However one of my cars - a 1998 Mercedes S class - is immune to just about any smearing of the side windows from any cause.  It was Mercedes' first car to have double glazing and the glass itself seems to be super-smooth in comparison to that of other cars.

You wont be disappointed. Had mine done by a detailer when I had a ceramic paint protection put on. Rain water will bead and just blow off your wind screen at 30mph and the water will not stick to the side windows. Even helps when other cars have frozen windows yours will not. Good for 12 months as well.