Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Built by Takumi craftsman really bad service by UK Lexus centers

LexusV6

I love Lexus, for reliability, their naturally aspirated V6 & V8 engines. But nothing great can be said about their Lexus centers. I had a GS250  a naturally aspirated V6 with really low mileage which I sold last week and decided to buy an ultra low mileage RC200T from Lexus Glasgow. It was for me to road test and get use to its functionality before investing in a GSF OR RCF. Which are really expensive if you are a cash buyer. The reason I choose Lexus was primarily because of their customer satisfaction ratings. The key tool Lexus thrives on to lure returning buyers who choose Lexus rather than the popular big three. MB, BMW & Jaguar. Who outsells more cars by an astronomic margins in UK. My first purchase of my Lexus experience was hit by a forgery scandal where the salesman involved forged my signature on an insurance document. The management was apologetic and in good faith serviced my car for free the following year. To which I thought it was an one off and great customer service to carry out my service out of good faith. How ever I never expected that unscrupulous practices still carries on when Lexus is all about great customer experience and transparency.

The sale of the RC200T from Lexus Glasgow was after much reassurances that the car was perfect with no damages (the images are cleverly photo-shopped) and will be ready with a full service included. I paid upfront the whole amount and paid for two tickets to fly the following weekend 25.01.2020. Which gave them ample time to fix the car or inform me that the car was not perfect as described but provide a fault detail. So I can cancel the purchase, ask for the refund and not waste time or expenses. I even paid for a hotel that evening in the peak district to break the long drive back.

At the time of collection, my wife noticed the service was not done and to make it worse the car was in appalling condition. Which was lost in translation when asking if the car had no damage and the body work perfect. Most panels of the car (under inadequately lit showroom) had more stone chips than I could count. And the ones which were significant was touched by a child. The engine hood had a ripple dent, which meant the whole hood had to be redone. The front bumper was the worse with grazes and so much stone chips I gave up looking. The salesman and the sales manager had all missed when the car was inspected. My wife and I was left stranded and out of pocket with no apology, no reimbursement for the loss of time and travel expenses. Now with the arduous effort of asking for my money back. Damn poor customer service, will never ever buy a car from Lexus based on a salesman reassurances. Cannot be trusted, fancy leather chairs and a coffee machines don't make up for poor service. Never again. Lexus cars might be built by great engineers and craftsman in Japan. But they are sold by salesman in UK that are more likely to be see on BBC Rogue dealers. Thank you Lexus for making me loose faith on decency, being transparent and customer service. The images are of the car with the locations of the damages to the body circled.

lexus4.jpg

lexus3.jpg

lexus1.jpg

lexus1.jpg

• Sad 2

That's a real shame,and although of very little comfort to you,there are sadly  cowboys and rogue traders in most endeavors of life,policemen,politicians,doctors,car dealers,chairmen etc,more a dealership shortcoming than a lexus one 🙁

• Like 1

If it is the on their web site with 1000 miles on the clock, seems like a lot of body damage.

Having had company cars from brand new over many years, would never had that much damage after so few miles.

Sounds like assumed no need to check it properly as it has so few miles.

Do not give up looking, plenty of decent Lexus people out there.

Why didn't you have the car brought down to your local dealer for a thorough inspection before you flexed the plastic ,flying up the country / hotels etc no one does this anymore sounds like your a salemans dream who then panics lol .sorry to be harsh .

On 1/27/2020 at 8:36 PM, Lager shandy said:

Why didn't you have the car brought down to your local dealer for a thorough inspection before you flexed the plastic ,flying up the country / hotels etc no one does this anymore sounds like your a salemans dream who then panics lol .sorry to be harsh .

Because Lexus Dealers are Owned by a number of different Garage Groups eg Listers, Inchcape, Fish Bros etc. 

Sorry to hear that @LexusV6, I use Lexus Glasgow for minor repairs, not even for the service as Lexus prices are too high but I buy service parts from them.

Never bought a car from them directly but I bought a car from CDW which is under the same roof as Lexus Glasgow.

I am ok with service department even though they do not accept my Gold card from this forum but always have a discount on labour and parts.

It is a shame you had such a bad experience with them.

Good luck with finding something else.

My first thought was “this was a demonstration car” and therefore used by the dealership as a loaner. One previous owner and many drivers some of whom would be quite happy thrashing it about knowing it is going back at the end of the day. Either that or someone has played “Follow the gritter lorry” just for fun and amusement.

This doesn’t of course make up for the expense, planning and time involved to discover a misdescribed car.

When I purchased my 1994 Celsior I only bought a single rail ticket to Blackpool on the promise the car was as described on Autotrader, fortunately it was and 14 years later is still going strong.

6 hours ago, olliesgrandad said:

Because Lexus Dealers are Owned by a number of different Garage Groups eg Listers, Inchcape, Fish Bros etc. 

I realise this but that case wasn't made clear on his post . I also realise when your buying such a expensive car everyone presumes it's blemish free but never usually the case ,An  independent inspection arranged through a third party would have been more wise in this case .

but thank you for your input on my reply .

34 minutes ago, Lager shandy said:

I realise this but that case wasn't made clear on his post . I also realise when your buying such a expensive car everyone presumes it's blemish free but never usually the case 

Sadly only 1 of 4 bought in the last 3 +years has been properly prepared (2 different dealers). 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to here about this sounds like you got misled that's for sure. My mums other half works in vehicle body work and they get cars brand new off the ferry needing major body work and repainting and that's from a number of different manufacturers VAG, BMW, KIA/HYUNDAI ect. I recently bought a 19 years old jap import toyota crown and paid the RAC to inspect it as I take these descriptions people give witha pinch of salt, as perfect to one might be a dog to another. With the inspection you get a very detailed report and also a sort of warranty with regards to some components and it's only about £250 I paid if I remember 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links