Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS600h Spec Information?

Hi Folks

After owning a beautiful late model LS400, and not being drawn to to LS430 models, I had been driving a Mercedes CLS, and then a year ago I bought a Mercedes S-Class W221, but ended up only keeping it for a year because I didn't really warm to the car.

I'm seriously considering an LS600h (2007-2010 depending on whats available), but wondered if you could help with some info that I don't seem to be able to decipher myself:

Are all LS600h long wheel base?

Are all LS600h a standard spec (apart from the rear relaxation pack, that's the only difference I can see in the used models) or are there higher and lower spec models?

I've not had a car with a CVT gearbox before, my only experience was years ago with city cars and I really didn't like the jerky and revvy experience. Whats owners feelings on it?

There are rarely any for sale here in Northern Ireland so I'll have to travel to mainland UK to buy, so my only chance to drive will be when I pay to travel to view a car.

Thanks in advance

Alan

🙂   

there's a fair bit mentioned in a November post I started about the choices between Ls400/430/460 and 600, might be some things in there that will help a little

Malc

19 hours ago, zaria123 said:

Hi Folks

After owning a beautiful late model LS400, and not being drawn to to LS430 models, I had been driving a Mercedes CLS, and then a year ago I bought a Mercedes S-Class W221, but ended up only keeping it for a year because I didn't really warm to the car.

I'm seriously considering an LS600h (2007-2010 depending on whats available), but wondered if you could help with some info that I don't seem to be able to decipher myself:

Are all LS600h long wheel base?

Are all LS600h a standard spec (apart from the rear relaxation pack, that's the only difference I can see in the used models) or are there higher and lower spec models?

I've not had a car with a CVT gearbox before, my only experience was years ago with city cars and I really didn't like the jerky and revvy experience. Whats owners feelings on it?

There are rarely any for sale here in Northern Ireland so I'll have to travel to mainland UK to buy, so my only chance to drive will be when I pay to travel to view a car.

Thanks in advance

Alan

🙂   

Why not ask Wikipieadia via Google Alan ?

Thanks for the reply folks. 

I started with Wikipedia but it doesn't really give details of the full specs of the cars. 

I've seen ls600h advertised as 

Ls600h

Ls600h SE

Ls600h L

Ls600h SEL

But from the advertised spec I can't work out the specific differences and if they affect the price being asked for the cars. 

I was thinking of trying to get a hold of some 2007 onwards UK sales literature which might give more details. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya,

This may be too late for you, but I downloaded the attached brochure in 2007.  I got a (year old) 460 myself - which I still have.

In those specs above, the extra stuff added starts with the Ls600h, then the Ls600h SE, then the better kit is on the LS600 SEL.  The kit on the LS600 SEL isn't quite as extensive as on the LS460 SEL.   Any car with the L on its own is about 30 cm longer than the standard LS460 and LS600h.

I hope this helps.

: o )

LS600 BROCHURE (1).pdf