Linas.P

Oops - what have I done! Bought RC200t

For a balanced view ( in my opinion) you can surf to Savagegeese review 2016 LexusRC200t goodbye.

On 2/8/2020 at 3:03 PM, MartinH said:

This was all very illuminating. I was toying with the idea of replacing my 07 Mk2 IS250 with Mk 3 200T. After reading the above, that idea goes in the bin.

Ignore ' the above '. There is some kind of element of 'fixation' ..so bad he went out and purchased one with the same power unit after years of slagging it off :wink3: Stockholm syndrome ? 

I owned an IS200t for two years. Its an extremely capable car for its class. As per the review you just linked it is one of the smoothest 4 pots out there that also comes with legendary Lexus reliability and build quality.

If you stuck it up against its immediate competitors for the years it was on sale in the UK it was bang up there, 0-60 in 6.1 if thats your thing, extremely smooth engine and pretty decent economy.  There was a suspicion of throttle lag but it was never an issue to me in sports mode. It's been addressed in later models.  

I thoroughly enjoyed my ownership and would have no hesitation in recommending the same power plant in the IS. 

I did back to backs with an IS250 at the same dealership ( a car that I'd previously driven for several months as a loaner) and the IS200t didn't let itself down so much so I bought one.   

Expect some kind of tirade to follow this post.

• Like 1

Yes, the vid's narrator has a quite different take. The roads on which he drives are quite different than those in my hood. You may have heard that a 20 mph limit is to be installed throughout London. That is the reality, and as one who rides a bike as much as driving a car, I do not disagree. So the occasions on which one might engage Sport+ mode are relatively few and far between. I see there is a supposedly very rare Black Edition IS200T for sale on AutoTrader with a full-length panoramic roof, owned by a chap who says he is a Lexus tech, and at a good price. Yerbut...no Mark Levinson, boring dark interior, seats heated only, not cooled. Previous ownership makes one very choosy...

Linus has car-owner virus

Ber-dum tish. Thank you thank you

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Haha 1