Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hybrid system recall?

Just been advised by Lexus Chester that I need to bring my vehicle in to have the hybrid system checked. Apparently it is a Lexus recall as vehicle is in-between services.

Anybody else has this?

A hybrid system recall or hybrid health check?

I haven’t heard anything about Lexus doing a recall on the hybrid system, but that’s not to say there isn’t one out there just maybe not that well publicised

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Annual health check was done in August last year, so not due another one until August of this year.

Vehicle has covered 17000 miles from new and been regularly serviced by Lexus.

So I checked mine.....and mine are back

c0805a641aa904f9d1185c484666ed6d.jpg

There’s an 0800 number below this on the webpage, so I called it and they tell me there’s no outstanding recalls on my car and that I need to speak to my local dealer

How strange

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Just checked my is300h and mine has a voluntary recall as well... The plot thickens... Put the wife's CT200h in but that was fine, nothing outstanding.

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

Is this of interest ?

image.jpeg.03b92316a394b16c7ef2a828f5da3ed0.jpeg
Lexus Australia has issued a recall for the 2018 model-year IS300h, LS500 and LS500h this week, over concerns models fitted with run-flat tyres could experience unexpected deflation. ... If the condition occurs, the crack could expand over time and affect the tyre's deflation, causing the temperature of the tyre to rise.12 Mar 2019

Is this of interest ?

image.jpeg.03b92316a394b16c7ef2a828f5da3ed0.jpeg Lexus Australia has issued a recall for the 2018 model-year IS300h, LS500 and LS500h this week, over concerns models fitted with run-flat tyres could experience unexpected deflation. ... If the condition occurs, the crack could expand over time and affect the tyre's deflation, causing the temperature of the tyre to rise.12 Mar 2019
Not certain how this tyre's in with the hybrid system recall....... [emoji6]

Mine was in with Lexus Chester last week for warranty work. They wanted permission to download the ecu data for Lexus to use for product improvement work. Seems they want mpg data etc on the 2.5l engine.

Mine is not showing as needing the recall. 2015 IS300h advance 40,000 miles.

Could this be the “recall”?

Paul.

Just checked mine - 2014 Executive with 86,000 miles - it's showing the same recall. Will wait and see if I get a recall letter or if they pick it up at the next service as that will be due in a few months. 

Logged onto https://www.lexus.co.uk/my-lexus/dashboard/vehicle-information/ and I can't see anything about any recall. I had hoped there would be one - one regarding a problem with the left front wheel being liable to scuffing against kerbs in shopping centre car parks and Lexus were going to replace it with a radical new design of wheel with collision avoidance to prevent such incidents. I can dream....

I have a 2015 IS300h and it shows the same recall, wonder what it could be. 
Will contact my local dealer in the morning. 
Please let us know if you find out anything...

I have just had a reply from lexus preston and they said it was, as Paul said above, a random number of requests to assess performance for improvements in future. This can be carried out at any time and doesn't need a special trip to the dealer.

Paul @bookings in Lexus Croydon stated it is not a critical item and only impacts cars "at less than 3k or over 60k miles" or maybe he said between those miles, whatever that may mean. He stated it could be related to a software update and could wait until the next service was due. Let me know is any of you get a similar response?

IS300h Advance 15 reg, 18k miles.

Mine as well, 2015 Exec 62,000 miles, but serviced independently (I guess they get the mileage info from MOT's?).

Anyone know how long it takes, bit of ball ache for me getting to a Lexus Garage, or if Toyota dealers can handle it?

Update. 

I phoned the 0800 044 452 number on the Recall Checker and - interestingly - neither my registration number nor VIN number showed up the Toyota system. When I inputed my reg no on my home pc, my vehicle was recognised and advised that my vehicle was subject to a voluntary customer service campaign or outstanding safety recall.

Advice from Toyota was to contact my Lexus dealer and check with them.

I then spoke to Lexus in Liverpool, with whom I have an extended warranty and  service contract, and - after checking - they have advised me that this is not a safety issue but something that can be done during my next scheduled service and involves downloading data from the ecu.

This ties in with Pauls comment earlier (post 12)

2 hours ago, ikeja said:

Update. 

I phoned the 0800 044 452 number on the Recall Checker and - interestingly - neither my registration number nor VIN number showed up the Toyota system. When I inputed my reg no on my home pc, my vehicle was recognised and advised that my vehicle was subject to a voluntary customer service campaign or outstanding safety recall.

Advice from Toyota was to contact my Lexus dealer and check with them.

I then spoke to Lexus in Liverpool, with whom I have an extended warranty and  service contract, and - after checking - they have advised me that this is not a safety issue but something that can be done during my next scheduled service and involves downloading data from the ecu.

This ties in with Pauls comment earlier (post 12)

Wouldn`t it be a really good idea if each post was numbered sequentially and then we would not have to count ?

Are you listening Steve ?

• Like 1