Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dipped Beam intermittently turning off

One of my main front headlamps, the dipped beam sometimes is not switching on... if I turn off the lights and on again it comes on... - very annoying to have to check that my lights are on when I head off (if I cannot see it in a reflection somewhere!) and sometimes it turns off mid-drive.  I told the garage about this a while ago and they couldnt recplicate the issues, - I originally thought it might be a worn Battery issue, but I have recently had a new one, and the issue remains?

Any ideas at all?  Many thanks 🙂

sounds like one of the bulbs has a little problem

loose filament ( do they have filaments these days ?  )

change one or both maybe  .......................  as above

Malc

• Thanks 1

The dipped beam bulbs on an LS430 are HIDs. The original Osrams on mine lasted 16 years and 150,000 miles. The details are in the handbook, you can get ones cheaper than Osrams but if you are keeping the car they are worth the extra, I got a pair off eBay and they are easy to fit.

Just be careful if you find some very cheap they are probably fakes. If the price is too good to be true beware!

John N

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links