Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2 hours ago, PeteTP said:

Dear all contributors,

FWIW...H10 AXM is no longer under consideration. 

The search goes on!

PeteTP

Well that just begs the question . . .

Sold? Visited and didn't like it?

We need to know!

Jon

Spoke to the Trader guy on the phone; v lack lustre and not somebody I’d care to deal with. Gave me a lot of spin and blah but didn’t have any corroborated info, know anything of the provenance of the motor car or have the approach I was after. Also, reviews I’d read of the outfit weren’t convincing me it would be worth a 4 hr drive.

Maybe ok for some but it wasn’t pushing my buttons. So it was a “no”. Hope that clears that up Jon.

Search resumes....🧐

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Evening all,

Have been researching this one today:

https://www.petesmithcoleford.co.uk/lexus-ls-460-4.6-460-se-l-4-door-automatic-amzing-luxurious-specification-2007-07-in-forest-of-dean-gloucestershire-6516465

I think it’s a £6k to £6.5k (tops) example. Have got quite a bit of detail on provenace and SH etc and have spoken to garage manager who seems a reason character. Won’t bore you with the details of what I’ve gathered.

Would already be down there test driving it if the mileage were half what they are. But equally I’m not discounting it as compromise will have to play it’s part at some point on TGE car.

What do the interested members think? Answers on this site will be hugely valued. TVM.

PeteTP

Looks nice. Previous owners is the missing info, I would say.

just a thought. From Coleford, you could take an extended test drive and get Osaka in Newport to put it on the ramp for a check. If the garage is OK they shouldn't resist that idea.

Jon

Thanks for your respective inputs gentlemen.

FYI, the last owner was the fourth. He is 82, apparently, lives locally to Coleford and drove it  rarely until very recently when a rapid onset of dementia meant being behind the wheel was no longer permissible. It seems that it was nevertheless serviced on time and hasn’t been overtly abused.

From memory, the first seven service stamps are from Lexus main dealerships with the rest at a local independent garage. No corrosion or damage to bodywork and the imperfections in the alloys (I spotted in the pictures) will apparently be rectified before the sale goes through. A new MoT, oil service and 3 month (parts & labour) warranty is included in the price. They claim the inside is great too....well they would!!

At this stage, I’m still procrastinating mainly because late yesterday afternoon I had an unforeseen tooth extraction which was frankly horrendous. Today I’m licking my wounds (sorry!) and taking it easy. So let’s see where this idea of going for a test drive/going over takes my mind today.

Any more inputs gratefully received as always. Thanks to you all for your support as well.

PeteTP

Hi Jon,

Are you a customer of Osaka? Never heard of them so on the hunt for personal rec/experience info.

BTW...

What dya reckon they’d charge if they did a ‘good going over’? 

Cheers,

PeteTP

1 hour ago, PeteTP said:

At this stage, I’m still procrastinating mainly because late yesterday afternoon I had an unforeseen tooth extraction which was frankly horrendous. Today I’m licking my wounds (sorry!) and taking it easy. So let’s see where this idea of going for a test drive/going over takes my mind today.

Ouch.  As someone who has had their fair share of tooth related problems, I sympathise with your situation.

I hope you feel better soon.

• Like 1

I have used Osaka several times, I usually rock up at 9am, and they drive around and then prod the car before they give their opinion, and then order the right OEM or non-OEM parts are they see fit. 

There is always a 430 or 460 there whenever I rock up, but give them a ring rather than just run up, as they can get busy, but they are generally accomodating.

Be about a 40 to 60 min drive to Newport along country roads and dual carriageway, so you would get a good feel of the car if it's a test drive.

I would be tempted myself, but as said before I do love my 400 with all its little quirks, and a mere 207K on the clock.

Osaka know much more about Lexus than my main dealer, and charge a lot less. been a happy customer for 5 years now.

Hypothetically, you could book an hour's inspection with them for an afternoon, paying an hour's labour, and get to Coleford to take the car down. But public transport to Coleford is not easy.

Jon

Ok got all that - thank you.

Osaka sounds like an outstanding operation. I’ve added that (prudent) idea to the mix. Dunno what the reaction of the sellers might be..really don’t.

Being such a very long distance from Coleford obviously makes the process more cumbersome from the start. However my head may say one thing, my heart says another. Tricky one especially as the price is too high. As I previously have said the number on the windscreen needs to ultimately begin with a 6.

OOI, are Jon and Pete both Cotswold residents?

PeteTP

Thanks for that Malc,

I think it possible even probable that Des’s driver drove it most, if not all, of the time. FWIW, I have previously seen pictures of Mr O’Connor looking very happy at the wheel of his Roller.

So this might have been the to/from ‘gig’ transport. But who am I to speculate?

PeteTP

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links