Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi folks.

I think everyone with an RX will know, that the keys a very poor in their design. Mine keeps breaking.

I'm so fed up replacing broken ones, that I've started to look for OEM kits to go keyless.

So far I've came across many different ones. Usually in the USA.

What I would like to do is convert my 2004 RX300 to the same sort of system as my 2007 IS250. That is, it can be opened and started without using a key.

Has anyone done this, and if so, can you recommend one?

Keyless entry is not something I like due to the ease of theft from cloning attacks. Keyless is a step down security-wise. I hope you have the keyless fob for your IS in one of those RFID pouches to prevent cloning.

I've never had my Genuine Lexus key break on me, they seem to be pretty robust.

My other key is one of the cheap Chinese flip-blade cases and all I do is order a couple at a time for a fiver and swap the blade over when the case breaks! So far they're lasting about 18 months per case.

1803420882_rxkeyfob1.thumb.jpg.afd2539be0b050d5ee065e18978fc957.jpg

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 6:38 PM, ISJason said:

Does anyone know which Faraday pouch is best from Amazon? And what about having a faraday box in the house ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure on the best one, but if you have the fob in a pouch on your keyring, it removes the need to put your keys in a tin box in the house. Most tend to come in packs of two, so you can cover the spare fob as well.

I think most of the pouches tend to work to some degree, the best are the ones that have some sort of closure that completely covers the fob. Obviously the next consideration is how easy you can get the fob out of the pouch. If it's hard, you end up not bothering to use the pouch.

Easiest thing to test the pouch is to put the fob in the pouch and walk up to the car. If you can open the car, the pouch isn't working and you need to send it back.

• Like 1

I purchased the following box and 2 pouch set from amazon a couple of weeks back. Both the box and the pouches work with my old Mazda and new Lexus keys. The pouches are bulky and stiff so, perhaps, most suitable for a handbag or deep jacket/coat pocket. The box looks quite smart.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SENTRY-Blocking-Protects-Industry-Protection/dp/B07XWS5B2G/ref=sr_1_4?crid=WKO82LI3EEYT&keywords=sentry+car+key+signal+blocker&qid=1580904743&sprefix=sentry%2Caps%2C153&sr=8-4

The subject of a Faraday cage has come up before.  The cheap pouches may work for awhile and better ones for a lot longer.  However, though expensive, the German made but with Italian sounding name Vonetti , is a precision made aluminium box to take most keys of most makes.  I added just a small  amount of foam  to the upper and lower part to stop rattling.  It should last almost indefinitely and certainly is very effective in blocking the signal.  I bought mine through amazon and have not checked if it is cheaper there now but this shows it well on eBay :-https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293353184689 The corners are slightly rounded  and the finish is smooth near matt black on this quality made product. Clearly it is a little bulky and takes only the one Lexus key/holderremote.

NB I am just a satisfied customer and have no connection to the manufacturer or sellers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links