Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav - all points north!

Eldavo

I have the Nav set to the top being the direction of travel but it seems to reset to top being North as and when it feels like it. Also - the Home screen always has top as North irrespective of what setting you have the actual Nav screen in. 

Is it just me???

That’s odd.  Mine stays on 3D not matter how many times I turn the car on and off.  Have you done a soft reset of the infotainment system?  Push and hold down the PWR -volume knob until the system reboots.

What version of software do you have running for the MEU (Navigation)?

The latest update (1530) reports that it fixes the following issue:

Map in map screen changes to 2D North from another orientation after IG cycle.

The below shows the latest software version I have installed on my NX

201FF04C-6722-422F-99DC-D3C62D74EFE2.thumb.jpeg.565d02c075b0e108a4a18ab40cb389b8.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Should be a little compass in the corner of the screen which you can click to change the view of the satnav. 

Most likely its just being tapped by accident or something

• Like 1

I recently downloaded 1530 and 1435 but couldn't do anything with either file as they were in a format that my Mac couldn't understand so I gave up.  My Mac has always happily undertaken the navdb_version updates but seemingly not the Audio and Navigation.  I might have another go sometime.

Habu

Never had an issue on my Mac.  They download as ZIP files which the MAC will automatically unzip for you.  Then just copy the update (usually a .KWI file) to a blank FAT32 formatted USB stick.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/5/2020 at 1:13 PM, rayaans said:

Should be a little compass in the corner of the screen which you can click to change the view of the satnav. 

Most likely its just being tapped by accident or something

Thanks - I know how to change the view as I have to do it every time I use the car. 

@pobrown - navigation software version is showing as 1520 so I’ll look at updating this as 1530 seems to report fixing the issue I have. Good spot, thanks. 

• 3 weeks later...

Not done it yet - been away and then been all over with work. Now working from home for the foreseeable future so will give it a go this week and report back.