Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

best way to protect the Cat Converter on RX400 h?

Hi All,

As many other my Cat Converter got stolen from my RX400h

I am replacing it now via insurance which said they are covering for a cat lock also but can not seem to find a Garage that can fit any form of protection.

Called Lexus and they said they do not have ?

Tried independents in my area but they all told me they can not do anything.

Anyone manage to find anything that can give it a form of protection?

I'm in London in SW18 if anyone can recommend a garage in the area that can do something.

Tx,

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you. 

in the end I went with a garage recommended by Lexus Battersea and they installed a metal sheet under the car. Cost was £288 and luckily manged to put it on the insurance under the same claim as the converter.

I assume that as Lexus recommended them the garage will have done this previously.  If the garage is in Battersea, I will call on them to discuss as I have an appointment in that area next month but will not have my car with me on this occasion.

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2020 at 11:17 AM, Topcatz13 said:

Thank you. 

in the end I went with a garage recommended by Lexus Battersea and they installed a metal sheet under the car. Cost was £288 and luckily manged to put it on the insurance under the same claim as the converter.

I am based in south London and have just acquired an RX400h (not knowing how big an issue these cat thefts are). Could you tell me which garage this was?