Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Handsfrees Call quality

how does everyone find the Call quality on the Bluetooth, the sound on calls on mine is dreadful (like the person I'm talking to is underwater, but they hear me fine)?

Podcast and music streaming is fine (even the "ring~ring" messes up, I get 2 clear ring rings then it goes all distorted).

Was similar, but I don't recall as bad on my last phone....?

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah I've tried the usual, reboot, unpair and settings to default.  

I'll try with another phone if that's bad I guess a bug in the system. Maybe see if there is a system update available. Guessing it's the car and not the phone as my last phone had issues.

15 hours ago, 200h said:

i have this problem aswel with the mic,on the 15th of feb i am having a new mic fitted

so hopefully this will fix the issue

That's interesting, I wondered if it was a feedback loop as generally starts ok, then gets worse. I wonder if it could be done sort of noise cancellation issue.

Would you mind feeding back once you have the mic changed and let me know how you get on.

In fact thinking about it the quieter I set the call volume the less of an issue it is...

• 3 weeks later...

i have had the microphone replaced and there is no difference

but i have found some settings that i have just applied and yet to try out

you need to get into the service mode by doing the following steps

press and hold the menu button and flick the headlights between off & on 3 times

the service menu will appear then select HF voice quality setting

i have set mine to 2000

hands free voice quality setting.pdf

• Like 1

200h, thank you very much for posting this. Tried them all (much to my wife's annoyance, calling her every time), no improvements unfortunately. 

I wonder what the second 2 digits are for...? 

Mine is that bad, I'm actually thinking I might have to get an after market system fitted.  I bet it'll be cheaper than getting a system software update... If even you can, or even if it'll do anything!

What phone do you have CT? I've done quite a bit googling, and and found some generic Android and Iphone settings.   Just don't seem to have those options on my phone, annoyingly.

Basically settings to turn off absolute call volume on Bluetooth and noise reduction features. 

I'll post some links next time I'm near a computer.

• 2 months later...

Hi I wanted to post an update as I've finally found out the root cause of my issue.  Weirdly, its my smart watch, disconnect that from my phone and all is good!

Hope this helps someone else.

• Like 2