Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Greetings all

As the proud owner of a 2006 Is220 with jsut over 110k on the clock, it looks like I'm starting to get into 'trouble territory'.  Having put on 70k on the clock in the last three years, I had the dreaded DPF fail last summer.  There's a place near me, in Stockton, that does a DPF clean.   They took it off the car, and 'washed it' through using water/solvents/whatever.  Since then, I've done a further 10k or so without further issue.

Until this week.  The other night, I got the dreaded VSC/EML combo, and thought - this is it.  Oddly, I didn't get the limp home mode that I expected.  Last time the DPF failed, I slowed on a busy dual carriageway at rush hour from 70mph to 30mph, and nearly needed to clean the seats.  This time, seems the car still runs OK.

I'm not back with my car until the weekend, and will get it on the old techstream to see what's happening.  But I'm wondering; what am I looking for on techstream.  Is there somethng to say the DPF is blocked?  I know there are pressure readings, but I don't know what's good/bad.  Any help appreciated.

In terms of fix... I guess this could simply be a clogged EGR.  I haven't taken it off for a clean for about 50k; so hopefully its just that.  Any thoughts?

Thanks to all for any help.  I've found this forum so useful already.  Hopefully I can find a way to give back too.

• Like 1

I had an  2008 IS220D  69,000 miles, same issues as you have/are experiencing.   Cleaned the EGR at each service interval and no worries for 3 years.  Just as I made the decision to get a newer version the deaded light came on the dash and I had to have the DPF cleaned.

I'm no expert but I hope it's just the EGR needing a clean but I enjoyed my 220D and sold it at 101,000.  Not brilliant on fuel, had to unseize the callipers but in general it was a lovely car apart from 6th gear being to long legged !

Hope you find a low cost and or free solution.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the same problem, been driving like that for more than a year, with check engine light coming on and off but no limp mode,was advised by two mechanics to change the dpf but I didn't feel like it was right, and finally my friend who is also a car mechanic told me to check the differential pressure sensor hosing. One of the hoses was completely clogged, once I've unblocked it no check vsc or p2002 and now the car regenerate on its own, mpg also went up, I hope it'll help to solve your problem. The sensor is in the back of the engine bay little bit on the left with two rubber hoses connected to the sensor and to the steel pipes going to the dpf. Ps. Sorry for my English. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links