Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

UX courtesy car

I...wish I could say my experience had been that good so far. Dealership have had it for a week and a half at this point to correct issues caused by their valeters during my last visit, including a nasty, deep scratch to the bumper. Also some frustrating rattles/creaking from the driver's side door card. I've been told I should be getting a phonecall wiht some good news later today, so we shall see...

A real shame, as I really enjoy driving the car, and the CT200h courtesy car just isn't as nice.

Nick

2 minutes ago, EvilRacer329 said:

I...wish I could say my experience had been that good so far. Dealership have had it for a week and a half at this point to correct issues caused by their valeters during my last visit, including a nasty, deep scratch to the bumper. Also some frustrating rattles/creaking from the driver's side door card. I've been told I should be getting a phonecall wiht some good news later today, so we shall see...

A real shame, as I really enjoy driving the car, and the CT200h courtesy car just isn't as nice.

Nick

Worth bearing in mind that everything is taking twice as long right now simply because of COVID restrictions. 

What would have been a 2-3 day scratch fix will easily take 2 weeks if not more

That's very true, although the actual scratch repair only took three days. My problem so far is the lack of communication from the dealer, and potentially the lack of organisation. I know where my car is because I have it tied to the Lexus Link app, and though they got the car back early on Thursday afternoon, it didn't get into the workshop until Monday. Now, maybe that was the first available slot at that time, but they knew my car was coming in for this work two weeks ago, and they were the ones that told me the bodyshop took three days.

I know I'm being a little unfair, I'm sure they're super busy, but after the last failed attempt to resolve my issues and the damage that was caused instead, my level of confidence is low. And at this point, the car has been with the dealer for longer than it's been in my driveway!

Still, I'll reserve judgement for when I get it back, and when I determine if they have successfully resolved all of the issues I reported.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd put my 2 penneth in. UX Courtecy car. I had one for a  day when my is250 went in for its service. Lovely interior and spec. Don't know which spec it was but it did have adaptive cruise nav Park sensors front n back camera DAB Bluetooth streaming etc. OK it took me a minute to connect my phone lol. Anyway the car drove sublime. I was really surprised how quick it was. And yes I went passed the detant on the loud pedal 😉. The handling was excellent and I really enjoyed the car. I was disappointed with the size of the boot But apparently it can be almost doubled if the carpet and tray gubbins removed. Rear legroom didn't bother me but a review I saw on utube by a 6 foot 2 guy said its good as he sat behind the drivers seat with the seat at his setting. 

When I took the car back the guy asked if I'd like to know how I did in it as it had telematics. Oh pooh I thought. (Yes I drove it like I stole it 🤪) I did 40 miles. Average mpg of 48 and time on Battery alone was 52% of the time. Wow I thought. Then I recalled on the motorway doing 70 that the engine wasn't running but I was on Battery power. I was told the UX has a bigger Battery and newest generation set up. 

I've had is300h and RX450h and to me the UX250h rocks. If a time came i had the money I'd get one like a shot.

Oh and as for comparing to other brands of cars. Like an old friend of mine said when I told him of my latest car is250. You've got the bug he said. Oh yes I've got the Lexus bug. 

Lexus cars are simply the best looking cars out there. Superb back up if needed and reliability 2nd to none.

To those of you who have the UX250h I doff my cap to you.

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

Same experience as Vlad, had a loaner UX250H in September while the IS250 was being fixed (took 3 months). Khaki met colour with ''We are open with Covid distancing measures in place" decals down the flanks! Very comfortable seating for two, quick enough, and I loved the adaptive cruise control and head-up display. The ML sounds weren't so good as in the IS250 and as others have noted, the sunroof was a bit ho-hum. Actually, I rather wish we had it right now — the IS has a flat Battery. Kind of annoying after its epic brain transplant.

• Like 1

I had a UX 250h as a courtesy car back in November when I had the fuel pump recall done on my RX. 'Mine' was a 70 plate Premium Pack model with just a few hundred miles on the clock. I found the driving experience pretty good, it felt quite fast and had a bit more get up and go compared to a CT courtesy car I had driven in September for my service.

I felt the ride was better than the CT too, but I enjoyed the driving experience of both. Hopefully I'll get to go in an NX next time to experience the difference again 🙂

On 2/1/2020 at 4:29 PM, Nick W858 said:

Had one yesterday while my wife's RX was in for a service - fancied seeing how it compared to my IS300h. Nice car, nippy and pretty economical ( I averaged 46mpg) and obviously more of an updated interior than my IS. Fine for me size wise even at 6ft 4 but obviously limits the rear legroom which would be an issue taking my son and his pals to rugby. I knew the boot would be small and I wasn't disappointed! Not sure I'll be buying one just yet but wouldn't rule it out in the future.

+1 to all your comments. I've just driven back home in a UX250h while my IS300h is having a service. I'd certainly consider one - the boot space is disappointing though. It seems more eager than my IS and the ride is much smoother. I managed to work out how to put the radio on and I thought that the "ears" at the top of the instrument panel for changing driving mode and traction control (?) weren't as distracting or annoying as I've read others write elsewhere. I'm quite looking forward to the drive back to pick my car up.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Mincey said:

+1 to all your comments. I've just driven back home in a UX250h while my IS300h is having a service. I'd certainly consider one - the boot space is disappointing though. It seems more eager than my IS and the ride is much smoother. I managed to work out how to put the radio on and I thought that the "ears" at the top of the instrument panel for changing driving mode and traction control (?) weren't as distracting or annoying as I've read others write elsewhere. I'm quite looking forward to the drive back to pick my car up.

And yes, I was a bit miffed not be to be loaned an LC...

I was expecting roadblocks and Rozzers everywhere but the roads were just as I expected them to be (i.e. a nightmare around Leicester!) I guess the Boys in Blue have better things to do..

Some very good comments re the UX.  I had one on loan last week whilst my NX was in for service.  The car is excellent to drive and I was impressed with how it did so. However I found the road noise annoying.  My wife even more so. I find my NX on michelin cross climates a lot quieter. It may be because of the run flat tyres on the UX but the constant drone was off putting.

The road noise is the most annoying thing. I'm hoping it'll improve when I change tyres, and will probably switch away from runflats to that end. If anyone has any suggestions on good, grippy all-weather tyres, I'd appreciate it! The standard Bridgestone Turanza T005A's understeer quite easily...

Nick

I had a UX as a loan car while my RX450h was being serviced.  Predictably, I found the driving experience more car-like than my car and I can understand the attraction, particularly for shorter journeys and if you don't need the extra boot space and better seat comfort of a larger car.  The rear seat was a real challenge for my sister to fit into and she is not what you would call large by any means.  I think the NX would be a better compromise for me. (I had current NX as a loan car at a previous service).  I think the new NX when introduced might be the way I would go particularly as the 4th Gen RX is unnecessarily over large I think.  Anyway,  good that Lexus provide a range to offer customers.  The UX seems to be selling well, perhaps helped by heavy advertising.

On 1/5/2021 at 11:31 AM, Eggie said:

Some very good comments re the UX.  I had one on loan last week whilst my NX was in for service.  The car is excellent to drive and I was impressed with how it did so. However I found the road noise annoying.  My wife even more so. I find my NX on michelin cross climates a lot quieter. It may be because of the run flat tyres on the UX but the constant drone was off putting.

I have an annoying wife to Eggie, we all have our crosses to bare! 😉

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links