Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

WARNING Lexuschap/Lexuslegend/Jaguarbloke He Is back again as fun*1n*the*sun

ok i know he has been known to be a dodgy seller but i'll give him this one. at least he did mention the state of the car in the desription so in all fairness he's not trying to mislead 

"Simply due to age, miles & issues above she will be sold as Spares Repairs project donor car. I would strongly recommend this car to be recovered rather than driven away."

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, noby76 said:

ok i know he has been known to be a dodgy seller but i'll give him this one. at least he did mention the state of the car in the desription so in all fairness he's not trying to mislead 

"Simply due to age, miles & issues above she will be sold as Spares Repairs project donor car. I would strongly recommend this car to be recovered rather than driven away."

Quite honestly if he says it's bad it must be REALLY bad!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Attention please!

Yet another ebay username change for our Dudley Dealer!

Also now appearing on Facebook!

22F15957-E108-42FE-A892-2BF6215F66AF.png

53BA7E60-6EAD-476C-A77B-9C8238CA255A.png

57EEBC6F-40EF-45F0-ABD7-A85A7840EB32.png

Hes dropped the price by £250. Must be getting desperate.

Have you got a link to his FB page?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve2006 said:

never seen so many IS220d models for sale in one place.

I cannot get onto FB while at work, but I did notice on Gumtree last week that someone was asking all sellers of GS, IS, LS cars whether they still interested in seling.  Did make me wonder if it was Dudley Dealer trying to hoover up anything going.  All thsi makes me think its a bit like the wild west out there on the Web if you're not careful.

• Like 3

On 2/11/2020 at 11:10 AM, steve2006 said:

Not sure, I was looking through the FB items for sale pages and just came across it, never seen so many IS220d models for sale in one place.

I found it easy enough under the sales pages. Like you I was amazed with the number of IS220 for sale. Have never thought of looking in FB for Lexus sales. I don't get the ads that start, Price Free.

• 3 months later...

15 minutes ago, RgrWynne said:

Just thinking that myself, what could possibly go wrong 😂😂😂

How long have you got?!

maybe, just maybe he should still be reported to Trading Standards as at the very end of the blurb he's stating quite categorically that there's no warranty given or implied etc

AND that is just illegal for a Trader ?

Malc

I thought exactly the same, looks quite nice, low mileage until I clocked the seller then I realised the mileage could be in Kms or miles +/- 100,000 and the cam belt change was handwritten on a piece of scrap paper!

3 minutes ago, Malc said:

maybe, just maybe he should still be reported to Trading Standards as at the very end of the blurb he's stating quite categorically that there's no warranty given or implied etc

AND that is just illegal for a Trader ?

Malc

Exactly Malc, I reported it to Fleabay as a business seller not providing company details but they’ll do sweet FA about it.

1 hour ago, steve2006 said:

I thought exactly the same, looks quite nice, low mileage until I clocked the seller then I realised the mileage could be in Kms or miles +/- 100,000 and the cam belt change was handwritten on a piece of scrap paper!

I'm sure it's a chain on that car as it shares the same engine as the is250

1 hour ago, Greer said:

Reading the add through it is not a car I would buy, regardless of who is selling it, it is only being sold as a .....>''Spares Repairs project donor car''<.......

That’s how “dealers” try to get out of their statutory legal consumer obligations Alan.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Greer said:

Yes but not just car dealers, all products are subject to same by most sellers. I well remember when this forum was bombarded by posts about someone regular users called 'Old Baz' who never even posted on this forum during my time, I checked out this 'Old Baz' & it turned out he was (then) an OAP selling the odd LS car on ebay..........Maybe euthenaze the over 50's

Old Baz ended up with my last LS430, a gent really!

6 minutes ago, RgrWynne said:

Is that the one you shouldn’t have sold 😜

That's the one! He said it's the best he's had!

9 hours ago, Greer said:

.Maybe euthenaze the over 50's

brilliant idea, those over 50, but only on December 31st of that year after their birth date and again only if Xmas Day falls on a Tuesday but also those under 51 I reckon  in that same year if Boxing Day falls on a Monday too

Malc