Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GSF mirror glass

Sooo, had drivers side mirror glass randomly crack *cries in Lexus*, gone all blue and black on the crack which now obscures some of the view 😞, got quoted over 300 squids for a new one from Lexus parts, almost had a heart attack! Unsure whether I can claim it on warranty, wasn't an impact, just happened during de-icing with the mirror heater function. I want to remove it to inspect the back, but don't want to break it further, any idea/ downloadable file on best practice to dismantle the wing mirror? Also, any links to potential vendors for a new one would be greatly appreciated, luckily have use of another car, so it is just gonna sit on the drive whilst I try to find solution.

Thoughts and prayers also appreciated 😛

57 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

Sooo, had drivers side mirror glass randomly crack *cries in Lexus*, gone all blue and black on the crack which now obscures some of the view 😞, got quoted over 300 squids for a new one from Lexus parts, almost had a heart attack! Unsure whether I can claim it on warranty, wasn't an impact, just happened during de-icing with the mirror heater function. I want to remove it to inspect the back, but don't want to break it further, any idea/ downloadable file on best practice to dismantle the wing mirror? Also, any links to potential vendors for a new one would be greatly appreciated, luckily have use of another car, so it is just gonna sit on the drive whilst I try to find solution.

Thoughts and prayers also appreciated 😛

Yep theres no difference between the GS-F mirror and standard GS-F

Also the IS and pre-facelift RC have the same mirrors

I would definitely give the warranty a go but I wouldn’t touch it until the dealer assessed it for a claim. 

I have found the warranty to be hit and miss from past experience with items like this. My wiper mechanism snapped ok my IS250 and that was deemed wear and tear 🤷🏾‍♂️

58 minutes ago, rich1068 said:

I think you just need a regular GS wing mirror off the Bay. There was a thread the other day over on the regular GS section about this very thing.

I've been trawling eBay for past few days, the cheaper ones don't seem to have the BS marking in the top corner and I don't fancy wasting my money. I'll have a scroll on the GS thread though 😄

40 minutes ago, F.A. said:

I would definitely give the warranty a go but I wouldn’t touch it until the dealer assessed it for a claim. 

I have found the warranty to be hit and miss from past experience with items like this. My wiper mechanism snapped ok my IS250 and that was deemed wear and tear 🤷🏾‍♂️

Yeah I'm in two minds, if I can find it cheap I'll just save the hassle and replace myself, but I also want to get it off to see why it randomly cracked 😞

It’s Interesting the glass has gone blue. I assume that’s the dimming substance in the mirror.  I expected the GSF to have this feature but I can’t say I have noticed them change to a blue tinge with the rear view  mirror. Our RX mirrors go really blue when the rear view mirror senses light at night, so I assumed that this was a random feature that was missing in the F. 

as you now have an ageing car would you want to know my source of cut to your template replacement glass alone, to maybe stick over existing

not dimming nor heated but only @ÂŁ20 delivered in 2018 for my Honda Legend

Malc

ah.............  the power of keeping-up with the GS-F club eh !

£400 replacement glass on the 12 y/o Honda Legend seemed daft to me when £20 would do  :wink3:

Malc

• Like 1