Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Very sad conclusion to my Lexus ownership. Long story short - cam pulley sheared off and the engine is dead. I've spent the day stripping parts off it and will be scrapping the shell in the next few weeks. 

I have taken off:

Wooden steering wheel

Wooden gearnob

Grey sun visors

Grey rear view mirror

Silver mirrors

Sat nav unit 

Custom exhaust

JBrady modded airbox

All lights (fronts tinted with removable film) 

Wood gear surround

Wood electric window panels/ashtray

Almost immaculate unused diamond cut spare wheel

SC430 alloys with nearly new matching Goodyear tyres

Hubcentric Japspeed spacers for the wheels

Coil packs

Might be more bits - can't remember! Car's still here if there are any bits I've not mentioned but you'd like. It's silver. 

Cheers! 

30 minutes ago, ajchetcuti said:

I have a '93 and could be interested in the exhaust/spacers if suitable fitment.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I'm hoping to sell them with the wheels as they are perfect for the SC430 wheels - if I sell the wheels separately, though, I'll let the spacers go too. Are you interested in the wheels, too? 

The exhaust is a custom back box delete setup that sounds great. You just need to cut your back boxes off and clamp these to the pipe. I made it a non-welding modification due to lack of a mig. You need to cut two cutouts in the bumper - I'll upload some pics. Can't help with fitment - I'd presume they're the same? 

36 minutes ago, ajchetcuti said:

What year was it?

Sorry for your loss! How did that come about so it can be avoided for others?

1998 with 130k.

I'm not sure why it happened but the cambelt was removed twice due to a faulty new waterpump so it could be just the fact it came off and on a bit and was unsettled from its 22 year slumber. 'If it ain't broke ' is my new mantra.

Don't need the wheels as I have a nice set of Bola's on it already.

Thanks for the pics and vids, does sound good. I need to check if it will fit or not. I'm sure Steve who's commented will know. Steve? [emoji6][emoji4]

What's the asking price too?

Thanks.

Alex.

On 2/2/2020 at 8:48 PM, Daveyboy20 said:

Very sad conclusion to my Lexus ownership. Long story short - cam pulley sheared off and the engine is dead. I've spent the day stripping parts off it and will be scrapping the shell in the next few weeks. 

All on the Wirral. 

I have taken off:                                           image.png.af24ed8762bb71460be3fe1bc5ca8f13.png

Wooden steering wheel £100

Wooden gearnob £35

Grey sun visors £15

Grey rear view mirror £20

Silver mirrors £25 each

Sat nav unit  £50

Custom exhaust £70

JBrady modded airbox £25

All lights (fronts tinted with removable film) fronts £25 each including indicators. Rears £25 each

Wood gear surround £15

Wood electric window panels/ashtray £15 each

Almost immaculate unused diamond cut spare wheel £100

SC430 alloys with nearly new matching Goodyear tyres £450

Hubcentric Japspeed spacers for the wheels £100 for the set (nearly £200 less than a year ago!) 

Coil packs £5 each

Might be more bits - can't remember! Car's still here if there are any bits I've not mentioned but you'd like. It's silver. 

Cheers! 

20 minutes ago, ajchetcuti said:

Don't need the wheels as I have a nice set of Bola's on it already.

Thanks for the pics and vids, does sound good. I need to check if it will fit or not. I'm sure Steve who's commented will know. Steve? emoji6.pngemoji4.png

What's the asking price too?

Thanks.

Alex.

Couldn't edit my original post so I've quoted a random one and added prices roughly based on completed listing on eBay

43 minutes ago, ajchetcuti said:

Can you send me some photos of the exhaust please? Cheers.

You can see them top left of the pic - the main pipes are stainless and polish up nicely. The rest of the sections are mild steel and incorporate steps to increase bore. Includes custom made brackets to fit to the standard mounting points for the backboxes using the standard exhaust rubbers. 

IMG_20200202_150601.jpg

Hi--the exhausts I'm selling are custom tailpipes to replace the backboxes. You need to cut your backboxes off and these pipes clamp on in place. £70 for the pair and they're in great condition. 

The rest of the system itself isn't great as the cat flanges are blowing and the backboxes are missing. 

I'm on the Wirral

Peter, my ancient exhaust is built like a centurion tank apart from the Y section ends and the flanges  

isn't yours the same  ? , the age of the Ls400 and mileage belies the fact that the original exhaust will definitely outlast the car

Malc

Hi--the exhausts I'm selling are custom tailpipes to replace the backboxes. You need to cut your backboxes off and these pipes clamp on in place. £70 for the pair and they're in great condition. 

The rest of the system itself isn't great as the cat flanges are blowing and the backboxes are missing. 

I'm on the Wirral
Hi,

Not sure I want to cut my exhaust so I will probably have some made up like yours but from the flanges back. Does sound awesome. Has the electric aerial gone now?

Thanks.

On 2/12/2020 at 10:54 AM, ajchetcuti said:

Hi,

Not sure I want to cut my exhaust so I will probably have some made up like yours but from the flanges back. Does sound awesome. Has the electric aerial gone now?

Thanks.

No worries. Ariel has gone.

Everything else bar the calipers is availible. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi David, would you have both lower corner trims for the front bumper? The ones on my newly acquired 1996 LS400 project have obviously met an immovable object at some point. I'm not worried about the colour. Thanks, Howard

P1090132.JPG

P1090133.JPG

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links