Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys,

has anyone every had a windscreen replaced on a celsior? 

I am wondering if the ls430 one will fit.... in my mind it should do last week I was kindly gifted by a lorry and a stone a lovely crack in my windscreen that goes all the way to the edge so.... stuffed.

hopefully your insurance cover will help you stop worrying and leave it to the expert fitter company whichever is gifted to you, to replace

if you've got to replace it yourself then yes, a valid question if you're paying out a few £00 to sort it out  :unsure:

Malc

The Celsior has 2 different part numbers available for the windscreen, 56101-50260 priced at over $1000.00 and 56101-50270 priced at $414.00. Not sure on the difference but the more expensive one may be heated or rain sensitive maybe.

The UK specification on for the LS430 is listed with again a different part number 56101-50230 only available according the parts lists with a green tint for €549.00

I would think they are all physically the same but have various additional features and tints.

Well got my windscreen replaced today... and rather well I might add not the usual 3rd times the charm as i have had before  ... due to weather mostly I would say not the installer.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

I paid for the screen myself... fine print is the key.... claiming on your insurance doesn't effect your no claims..... but normally effects your premium.

For the sake of 250 whole pounds and a coffee and cake at costa.... which was almost as much, its completed... and peace of mind is achieved.

again thanks to all.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, skyway said:

Well got my windscreen replaced today... and rather well I might add not the usual 3rd times the charm as i have had before  ... due to weather mostly I would say not the installer.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

I paid for the screen myself... fine print is the key.... claiming on your insurance doesn't effect your no claims..... but normally effects your premium.

For the sake of 250 whole pounds and a coffee and cake at costa.... which was almost as much, its completed... and peace of mind is achieved.

again thanks to all.

Very good news. And I think it's time for us to get together again so our Celsiors can catch up on all the news!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, skyway said:

It makes no difference to your premium at renewal because they all seem to ratchet that up by 10-30% at the end of the first year now whether you claim or not.
I am now so bored of it that I just use a comparison site every renewal now, for car, house, and motorcycle insurance. Likewise for energy supplier.
This year the LS insurance ended up 20% cheaper than last year and nearly 40% cheaper than the renewal quote.
Loyalty is a 2 way street, something insurance companies (amongst others) seem to have forgotten.

Could have saved yourself £200 but glad that yer sorted 😀

• Like 1

My insurance goes down every year...... if you claimed for a screen and your policy went up by 30%.......might be the reason why... good idea on the comparison sites though I normally move company every year anyways although as mine went down.... happy days.

I claimed for a new windscreen, paid the excess and it made no difference at all to my renewal premium. I have been with LV for over 10 years and I do check at renewal and LV for me is always the best quote. Can get it cheaper but not like for like.

Mine also went down this renewal, I had heard that Footman James were not doing “classic” insurance anymore but received my January renewal quote lower than the previous year so stuck with them. The road tax costs nearly twice as much as the insurance now and I’m lucky to do 10 miles a week in it. I’m probably the only V8 owner who puts £30.00 of petrol in it and it lasts over a month.

• Like 2

On 2/7/2020 at 8:25 AM, steve2006 said:

The road tax costs nearly twice as much as the insurance now and I’m lucky to do 10 miles a week in it. I’m probably the only V8 owner who puts £30.00 of petrol in it and it lasts over a month.

Dang, I've done 10 miles by 05:50 Monday morning. 😁

My 430 gets £80 worth of petrol per week for 400 miles on average. Insurance costs me £320 for the year which is pretty reasonable for my 20k miles per year and includes business use.

My insurance renewal went up 30% with no claims, windscreen or otherwise. It's just their crap marketing model. Rip off existing customers but give discounts to new customers.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links