Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

electric aerial replacement

peasoup39

The aerial does not work so suspect the drive cable is broken. motor works fine but no movement.

Looked on eBay and they all state only suitable for 34.5" units not 42 " units. Have pulled my aerial fully up and it measures about 38" so suspect that including the bit inside it is a 42" unit.

Any advice on where i can obtain a reasonably priced replacement shaft

Depends on your definition of reasonably priced I suppose. I got a replacement for my GS from my local dealer and with a bit of discount it was about 70 quid but my reasoning was that I wasn't taking a gamble with fit. As it was the cable had broken on mine so I did have to remove the unit. Remove the old cable, reassemble, feed in the cable as you turn off the radio, job done.

Other, cheaper solutions are available :wink:

My OEM aerial was also broken (and leaking water into the boot) so I fitted a stubby fixed aerial - £10 from Halfords. Even with a super cheap aerial it works, so a quality fixed aerial should give better reception. I did it as an experiment to see if it could be done as long term I'm going to modify/update the ML system to work with my phone. I'd like to remove the aerial completely but that involves filling the hole in the wing and respraying etc so it will have to wait a while.

The OEM Aerial is still fitted and the radio works fine it is just that the unit sticks up about 12".

Motor is working so the problem is the toothed plastic strip has broken but i do not think these are available separately.

Regarding your leak, there is a plastic drain pipe that is fitted to the bottom of the assembly to drain water away out of the boot

6 hours ago, peasoup39 said:

Motor is working so the problem is the toothed plastic strip has broken but i do not think these are available separately.

See above. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links