Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Puddle Lights RC300H

I can't recommend any specific brand since the logo puddle-lights I had on my 2016 RC were a gift and I threw away the packaging, but I wouldn't

imagine there are significant quality differences between generic manufacturers.   I left them on the car when I sold it having found them disappointing

insofar as the logo projection had become blurred and faded, maybe because of deterioration of the plastic or maybe because moisture and dirt had

got inside.   The blurring issue over time also affected earlier plain-colour ones I had on an IS300h.

Incidentally, my eye tells me that the size and shape of the lights on the 2019 RC may be slightly different, so check before you order for the 2016

model.

I had some from a Toyota dealer for my gen1 RC and both failed after about a year. Took them out and replaced the originals back in. Found they were rattling a bit so something broke in both.  I can only assume this was down to closing the doors and the resulting jolts, although this seems quite a design flaw!

• 8 months later...

Interested to see this post about puddle lights, which are a bit like Marmite; you either like them or have no interest whatsoever.

I have put them on my last 3 cars because I quite like them and here are the ones recently fitted on my RC. They are lovely and bright and in my opinion really do enhance the experience of getting and out in the dark.

Here's the item on eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/F-SPORT-LOGO-CAR-LED-PROJECTOR-GHOST-DOOR-LIGHTS-FOR-LEXUS-ES-IS-LX-LS-SC-RC-2PC/114324856808?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=414570913754&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I recommend them as good value for money.