Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LED headlights

Has anyone ever had an issue with their LED headlights? I worry that if any of them break it would be extortionate to repair?

I’m looking at buying a 15 Reg ideally with the premier pack but I worry about options that could end up being a ridiculous price if you can’t fix them yourself. Anyone know what the repair cost of them is?

Thanks

I'm assuming that the IS will be the same as the RX in that individual LEDs are not replaceable and are a sealed unit at over £800 each.

Oh dear. Is it something that commonly fails do you know?

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

More and more I think I'd only buy either something pre-06 or something brand new with a cast iron warranty and get rid before it ends. Nothing in between.

Well I hadn’t planned on buying an extended warranty but with prices like that then maybe I should!

7 minutes ago, teamaker said:

extended warranty

but might that really cover fair wear and tear as in, bulbs don't last forever ..............  what's the expected life of such a bulb I wonder and the ease of the warranty insurance company NOT paying out for a replacement

Oh by the way, mine's about £4.50 and a 5 min job AND is sufficient for driving for both the driver and others on the road too methinks ......  going onto main beam where necessary, or is that just too old fashioned and challenging to do :unsure:

Malc

but might that really cover fair wear and tear as in, bulbs don't last forever ..............  what's the expected life of such a bulb I wonder and the ease of the warranty insurance company NOT paying out for a replacement
Oh by the way, mine's about £4.50 and a 5 min job AND is sufficient for driving for both the driver and others on the road too methinks ......  going onto main beam where necessary, or is that just too old fashioned and challenging to do :unsure:
Malc

I would MUCH rather have replaceable bulbs but I think those LED units are completely sealed. Frustrating as I want some of the other premier features but would happily do without the LED headlights it comes with

Well first job could be the LED floor lamp we got from IKEA about two years ago. Started flickering and then went altogether. The bulb is sealed and cannot be changed and the only thing left to do is throw the whole thing away. A floor lamp!

Hi

When I was buying my GS with LED headlamps I've read somewhere they should last at least of 50000h. That is almost 6 years of being constant on.

Even if you assume you drive with light always on (valid for daylights) and let say use you car 4h per day that would give you almost 36 years before failure - I would say plenty of time.

Of course they can fail earlier as everything but I wouldn't be worried too much that suddenly all 10 years old cars will need new headlamps.

Just as a comparison typical halogen is 450-1000h and HID got expected 2000h.

• Like 2

Hi
When I was buying my GS with LED headlamps I've read somewhere they should last at least of 50000h. That is almost 6 years of being constant on.
Even if you assume you drive with light always on (valid for daylights) and let say use you car 4h per day that would give you almost 36 years before failure - I would say plenty of time.
Of course they can fail earlier as everything but I wouldn't be worried too much that suddenly all 10 years old cars will need new headlamps.

Hadn’t thought of it like that. Maybe I can cope with 36 years of life.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links