Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ISF's on AT at the moment...

7 minutes ago, C.B said:

I was told by my lexus dealer this was not possible, and only possible the day before it turns 10 as per @F.A. comment.

Did you letter come from HQ or a lexus dealer? Maybe thats the difference?

Direct from HQ. Every time my warranty has been close to renewal for that 2 years, I've received another letter.

@C.B, did you take your initial warranty out at the dealer and therefore this may be why you didn't get such a letter? Have you ever got such a letter when it's been up for renewal on previous occasions?

Just to illustrate my point - 2008 car for ~17k, or 2010 car for over 20k are just to expensive. This is partially do to small and knowledgeable market, meaning that owners knows their cars and are not necessary rushing to sell them. At the same time buyers research their cars too and not rushing to buy them. This means cars ends-up being listed for high price and for a long time.

However, from time to time when somebody actually wants to sell their IS-F you get something like this:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202002167380895

If I would be in the market for one... this looks like much better option to get than "low miles" 2008 car, or even lower miles 2010 cars for over £20k. 

Note: I don't know the car and there might be a reason why it is seeling far below market value, or maybe it is just because it is in Ireland.

@Linas.P I was looking at that one today with my friend at work who owns a 2011 USB ISF.

That one does look like a bit of a bargain.

I reckon the price is low as someone will have to brave the Irish sea crossing in the current stormy climate 😉

• Like 1

I doubt it is short term plan... as I said, if one is ever in position where they need to sell the car faster e.g. there is another car they are buying... then it turns around - px value is going to be very low and even selling under the market value is going to be better. I am sure if you take that IS-F to say BMW dealer to PX for M4 - they will offer something stupid like £7500.

That is again why I am sceptical of "current" higher prices... It is small market and over last 5 years I have seen many periods where it seems everyone wants to sell IS-F and there are like 15 cars in any colour and condition you want. The best deals disappears in like 2-4 weeks and then it goes to the period where there are only 4-5 cars for like 3 months and all seems to compete to be the most expensive and the market is completely stale. 

I am sure that if one is willing to wait then it works both ways - wait long enough and in 6 month time there will be car for £9000 - I am sure... equally wait long enough as a seller and the same £9000 car can be sold for £15000. It just depends who is more desperate in situation - seller or buyer.

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

I doubt it is short term plan... as I said, if one is ever in position where they need to sell the car faster e.g. there is another car they are buying... then it turns around - px value is going to be very low and even selling under the market value is going to be better. I am sure if you take that IS-F to say BMW dealer to PX for M4 - they will offer something stupid like £7500.

That is again why I am sceptical of "current" higher prices... It is small market and over last 5 years I have seen many periods where it seems everyone wants to sell IS-F and there are like 15 cars in any colour and condition you want. The best deals disappears in like 2-4 weeks and then it goes to the period where there are only 4-5 cars for like 3 months and all seems to compete to be the most expensive and the market is completely stale. 

I am sure that if one is willing to wait then it works both ways - wait long enough and in 6 month time there will be car for £9000 - I am sure... equally wait long enough as a seller and the same £9000 car can be sold for £15000. It just depends who is more desperate in situation - seller or buyer.

15 ISFs!

Not in the last 12 years on the autotrader there hasn't

• Like 1

I've just had the 2 for 1 offer for warranty renewal. Its still £995 for the RC / RC-F and a hardly believable £795 for the IS / ISF. But there is no 2-4-1 offer for the LC; it is £1495 for one year or £2395 for two years....that is now off my list for my next car. To me that says they have no confidence in the reliability of the LC.

The most IS-Fs I can recall for sale was about 13 on the Lexus site, but that was way back in early 2010 when I started seriously looking. They even had 5 yummy red ones to choose from 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fair and square said:

15 ISFs!

Not in the last 12 years on the autotrader there hasn't

You are just not paying attention - last summer there were few weeks with a lot of IS-F being listed. I am not going to argue about exact number as neither of us going to prove how many cars were listed on any particular date, but it was definitely in excess of 10. From my memory there were 3 late cars ~2012 for over £20k (one was listed for £32k for short time, before dropping to £28k), 3-4  2010-2011 cars from ~17-22k and bunch of 2008-2009 cars... at least 6-7 for £10-17k. This easily makes 12-14 cars being listed at the same time. And this comes and goes...

Equally, I remember same speculation in spring last year i.e. "that is it - IS-F prices going to go through the roof... only 4 are listed in AT and once sold there will be no IS-F sales no more.... RUSH.. get them while you can!!!!!🥶"... and then towards the middle of the summer there were cars listed for £10-12k again.

I am not trying to make IS-F lesser - they are relatively rare cars and they kept their values above expectation. So one cannot simply withdraw £10k from their account and go get one... but sometimes people here talk like they are some sort of unicorns... with line of people waiting to get in on this magical experience and demand far exceeding supply! Just not the case - it is niche market, small numbers and slow turn around.

9 hours ago, Linas.P said:

You are just not paying attention - last summer there were few weeks with a lot of IS-F being listed. I am not going to argue about exact number as neither of us going to prove how many cars were listed on any particular date, but it was definitely in excess of 10. From my memory there were 3 late cars ~2012 for over £20k (one was listed for £32k for short time, before dropping to £28k), 3-4  2010-2011 cars from ~17-22k and bunch of 2008-2009 cars... at least 6-7 for £10-17k. This easily makes 12-14 cars being listed at the same time. And this comes and goes...

Equally, I remember same speculation in spring last year i.e. "that is it - IS-F prices going to go through the roof... only 4 are listed in AT and once sold there will be no IS-F sales no more.... RUSH.. get them while you can!!!!!🥶"... and then towards the middle of the summer there were cars listed for £10-12k again.

I am not trying to make IS-F lesser - they are relatively rare cars and they kept their values above expectation. So one cannot simply withdraw £10k from their account and go get one... but sometimes people here talk like they are some sort of unicorns... with line of people waiting to get in on this magical experience and demand far exceeding supply! Just not the case - it is niche market, small numbers and slow turn around.

"Not paying attention" - 15 down to plus 10 now you say Linas! So yes, as I previously said, "

15 ISFs!

Not in the last 12 years on the autotrader there hasn't"

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay and although these cars hang around for a few months and the odd red one at a certain nationwide finance dealer maybe over a year, they ultimately do move, so they are priced relative.

I don't believe for a second that any owner here believes that they are unicorn cars (you of course entitiled to your opinion), but instead, my understanding and experience been that owners are in a position where they are not desperate to sell. Reasonable priced servicing, cracking extendable warranties, different to shifting on an rs3 or rs4 that is out of warranty and due its 3 year service and first mot.

That is from my experience and expertise both from a buyer and seller, private and trade, not my opinion.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Fair and square said:

"Not paying attention" - 15 down to plus 10 now you say Linas! So yes, as I previously said, "

whatever makes you happy... I just call it "times of plenty of choice" vs. times " of no choice".

Today another one was added for £13995... however that said I would go for the one for £15500. Mileage alone is not worthy £1500 extra, but the car is as well 2 years never and "warrantable". 

On 2/17/2020 at 8:37 PM, FTBBCVoodoo said:

@Linas.P I was looking at that one today with my friend at work who owns a 2011 USB ISF.

That one does look like a bit of a bargain.

I reckon the price is low as someone will have to brave the Irish sea crossing in the current stormy climate 😉

I have a USB and this looks a great price. Can't see it lasting long. Facelift with LSD and upgraded ICE.

• Like 1

The chances of a isf getting for £9,000 is gonna be very very very very Slim if not impossible at this stage unless it’s been to the moon and back a few times, these cars are rare enough as they are but no unicorns hahaha.

The market is dependent on condition, and history.

The ones that normally hang around are ones with a partial lexus history and condition hasn’t been great.

talking of ISFs, in the market for a mint, full lexus history, white or USB! 

👍🏽

The chances of getting mint IS-F or any car "cheap" have always been "very very very very slim". Further, what ones considers "mint" and "cheap" is kind of subjective and changes from time to time. However, getting IS-F for £9000 is completely possible, in fact one is listed now at this price on FB marketplace. Whenever that is good car or not will depend on many circumstances and one's perspective.

The cars which hangs around are those "where price does not meet the condition". It could be low mileage car in "mint" condition for simply too much, or high mileage car in poor condition for very little... it does not matter in what condition the car is - as long as the price make sense in given market conditions it will sell.