Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Kyosho Lexus GS Model

Vlady

Hi all, does any of you have a Kyosho Lexus GS (or any other Lexus) die-cast model?

All I can find online do not show enough photos, I am after the physical size, quality of it (Must be amazing for the price they ask for it). 

Can the doors/boot/bonnet be open?

If anyone have model and can attach some photos, it will be great.

Thanks

:msn-oh: Bad Vlad!  I didn't know such a thing existed, but now that I do, I want one!  However, it is too expensive to justify at the moment. :no:

So, it is apparently Item Size/Weight: 36.5cm x 20.0cm x 17.5cm / 1680g according to this site:

https://www.hlj.com/1-18-scale-lexus-gs-f-black-kshksr18017bk   (slightly different part numbers, but both 1/18 scale)

Also, since it is a resin model, none of the doors, bonnet or boot open, according to the question asked here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kyosho-KY18017BK-Lexus-Collection-Die-Cast/dp/B075MB9DQG

Still, by all accounts, it is very detailed and the finish is excellent.  Shame they don't do a regular GS, but I certainly wouldn't mind a GS-F on my display shelf :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Shahpor, I am glad you liked it! 😉

I think they are very expensive models, last time I looked into them they were just over £100, now more than £200! 

I think these models are a good size! I am kind of getting into habit (if and when possible) to buy I car die cast model of the car I own, I already have BMW E46 3 series, BMW E60 5 series, VW Passat, so Lexus would look good as well! I still to buy an BMW E39 5 series saloon though.

• 2 months later...

Autoart have some quality stuff pricey at 1:18 scale
but all doors, bonnet,boot open

I'm not 100% as I've not looked at my aristo for a while but think steering wheel moves wheels aswell

Pics below just for reference of quality not my car 4f1cec36c18d47ad85532674afad1d4a.jpgcdfbf37cfb2a593ccc54346c20e7e03f.jpg7e86030ebecb2bd68fe6c4125a0a7832.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I bought two models from e-bay of the RCF both were about £150 the blue one has all opening doors etc and the engine detail is superb, the orange one doesn't have opening doors. The detail on both is superb and they weigh an awful lot just like the real thing.

IMG_0265.jpeg

IMG_0266.jpeg

IMG_0269.jpeg

IMG_0264.jpeg

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Very nice chaps.

David, I don't suppose you know who makes the models?

Thanks.

The orange one is Kyosho the blue one has Lexus China C&A on the base. The underside of the blue one has all the detail of suspension etc, it is truly a very high quality model the interior is exactly as the car in every detail. The blue one cost me £100 and the Kyosho £182 which in my opinion is not good value considering the detail of the blue one.

Just found the e-bay item for the blue one 

eBay item number:

Just tried the link it doesn't work but if you put this in on e-bay search it finds them 1/18 Toyota Lexus RCF RC F Diecast Model Racing Car Toys For kids Gifts Blue

What a beautiful models these are! I really want one (GS) but in a current market condition I can't afford to spend more then £200 on a model, well, I hope I day I will!

@rock on and @B1RMA thank you guys for taking time and sharing with us photos, I love these models! Great!

@B1RMA I agree with you regards KYOSHO details of the model, it does look much simpler (compared to my current stock of auto models) i.e you can't open the bonnet, doors etc and it still cost over £200! 

Thanks David.

I found this one, which I assume is the same?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-18-Toyota-Lexus-RCF-RC-F-Diecast-Model-Racing-Car-Toys-For-kids-Gifts-Blue/263924530079?hash=item3d7320bb9f:g:5JoAAOSwYelbk3O~

If so, it appears to have got more expensive.  Still, impressively detailed, so no doubt worth the money.  It is a shame that they don't do a GS version.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Thanks David.

I found this one, which I assume is the same?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-18-Toyota-Lexus-RCF-RC-F-Diecast-Model-Racing-Car-Toys-For-kids-Gifts-Blue/263924530079?hash=item3d7320bb9f:g:5JoAAOSwYelbk3O~

If so, it appears to have got more expensive.  Still, impressively detailed, so no doubt worth the money.  It is a shame that they don't do a GS version.

Yes that is the same one, looking back at my e-bay history I bought it 2018. I've had a close look at both models and I think the blue non Kyosho model is actually better and cheaper, the seats move forward and all the seat buttons are there and the interior is spot on in every detail including the dash-board. I have a fairly big collection of die cast cars (mostly old Gorgi Lotus all mint in boxes) and it is up there with CMC and we all know how expensive they are.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mincey said:

That link is teasing me with a 1/18 scale IS300 F Sport. It's only £139.71...... ouch!

I will tell you, if my GS model was that much I would already buy it! 🙂

4 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Lucky Vlad :thumbs_up:

Unfortunately, the website now says:

Capture.thumb.JPG.d0e72e0819e044291a4a3a0dce3ecbc9.JPG

:sad:

@Shahpor! No way it was the last one! Usually I am not that lucky! I thought it might be the case (that is way I talked myself to buy it) but usually doesn't happen in my life that often! 

I will get photos here when I get the model, I hope it will be worth it! I know sooner or later I would buy it but with 30% off I couldn't refuse even though now is not the best time to spend these money!

@Shahpor if my wife decides to kick me out on delivery of this, I will let you know as I will be forced to sell it! lol! 🙂

• Haha 1

The parcel has arrived! Huuuraaah! Not fully opened it yet but so far the quality looks great! I do not know why it says its resin but it feels metal to me, based on the weight of the model it feels solid!

20200429_163233.jpg

20200429_163249.jpg

20200429_163327.jpg

20200429_163413.jpg

20200429_163644.jpg

• Like 3

Unboxed the model and it is made of metal (the body) and looks and feels expensive and I am glad I have it. Couple things that are a little upsetting apart from none of the doors, bonnet do not open, the wheels do not have suspension and do not even rotate and the windscreen with rear screen is made of very thin plastic, very thin. You easily bend it by placing your finger on it, I would expect it to be a thicker plastic. 

Anyway, a few more photos of the model everyone! I hope you like it too!

20200429_172602.jpg

20200429_172615.jpg

20200429_172620.jpg

20200429_172634.jpg

• Like 2

Looks very nice.  Just needs a display case now :smile:

What is the 400/400?  Is it a limited run?

It is a shame about the wheels, but I suppose it shouldn't really make a difference since it isn't a toy, it is a work of art :smile:

51 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Looks very nice.  Just needs a display case now :smile:

What is the 400/400?  Is it a limited run?

It is a shame about the wheels, but I suppose it shouldn't really make a difference since it isn't a toy, it is a work of art :smile:

Shahpor, thanks. 🙂

I think it is a limited run, that sticker was on it when I got it, can't believe if it is a limited run and I got one of them! Big thanks to @ColinBarber for providing that link!

The wheels do not make much difference but I have couple of model made by Maisto and these are very good as well, like soft suspension, spinning wheels, open doors etc!

Yes, I need to think of Display case now, at the moment all the models are behind the glass on the shelf but still get dusty, plus I have a few air plane models (still got 2 more to build and 1 tank!) so I need more space! If I decide to go for an open shelf then I defo would need a display cases, for car models. 🙂

7 hours ago, Vlady said:

I think it is a limited run, that sticker was on it when I got it, can't believe if it is a limited run and I got one of them! Big thanks to @ColinBarber for providing that link!

Yes, all of these Kyosho models are limited runs. Probably 400 black and 400 in blue. Pretty cool getting the last one in black.

Here is the current catalogue, LC has a similar run of 400 in each colour:

https://saas3.startialab.com/acti_books/1045173943/37846/HTML5/pc.html#/page/18

If it was a blue one for sale then I probably wouldn't have posted the link 😉 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links