Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Toyota Century....was this what became the LS400?

The Century was made (and still is) for chauffeuring the top brass in Japan.  I had the privilege of seeing one in the flesh in London just over a year ago, an impressive vehicle, most made with a V12 engine. It could actually be the same car if it's anywhere near Walthamstow.

The Century is related more to the Lexus LS and is positioned higher than the LS so yep most expensive out of Toyota / Lexus is a Toyota excluding the LFA, Century competes with the Rolls Royce / Maybach ! Something Lexus should of done brought out a car to compete with the Maybach that's based on the Century even in limited numbers as Lexus never did have a V12 !! Too late now as the new Century is a V8 Hybrid

Toyota century, top rung of toyota japan models. They do a v8 and a v12 model, a car to be driven in, more than drive. They have inbuilt air purifiers, fridges, electric everything even back in the late 80s early 90s. Well ahead of their time. They have wool seats instead of leather. The front passenger seat centre (lumbar area) folds down so the rear seat passenger can lay out and go to sleep. I saw one when I picked up my crown vx the other week. Check out Pacific coast autos on youtube, there is a few videos of these and many other old school Toyota gems on there 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chappy2121 said:

Toyota century, top rung of toyota japan models. They do a v8 and a v12 model, a car to be driven in, more than drive. They have inbuilt air purifiers, fridges, electric everything even back in the late 80s early 90s. Well ahead of their time. They have wool seats instead of leather. The front passenger seat centre (lumbar area) folds down so the rear seat passenger can lay out and go to sleep. I saw one when I picked up my crown vx the other week. Check out Pacific coast autos on youtube, there is a few videos of these and many other old school Toyota gems on there 

My Celsior has wool seats, so much nicer on a cold day, and no bum scorch in mid summer!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links