PeteTP

Anyone know UK LS460 For sale

Hello,

Following on from a previous thread, may I please put a request out, to the LOC community, for any info they may have regarding any U.K. LS 460s for sale? 

I presently drive an IS250 SE-L which I’ve had from new for nearly 13 years. By my own admission I am pernickety and pedantic - bit of a perfectionist - so I’m looking for a rarity.

Ideally, the car would be in prestige order for its age (07-12 vintage), full Lexus service history, mileage sub 50,000mls and no remedial work needing to be done. 

I’m prepared to travel (from home in East Anglia) to view/buy the example that fits the bill. I have investigated the cars currently advertised on the internet but found certain aspects not really fitting the bill.

Sincere apologies if you read this and think I’m searching for the unobtainable - you may well prove to be 100% correct. But let’s at least have a bash, eh?

Thanks in anticipation of maybe something turning up.🤞

PeteTP

Dishonesty in the used motor business? Almost unheard of I'd imagine.

More seriously, I don't doubt it is genuine. Some of the low mileage stuff that comes up is astonishing. I'm currently trying to work out how I can get my hands on this.

16 minutes ago, rich1068 said:

Dishonesty in the used motor business? Almost unheard of I'd imagine.

More seriously, I don't doubt it is genuine. Some of the low mileage stuff that comes up is astonishing. I'm currently trying to work out how I can get my hands on this.

that gs430 is very well priced and would be a good investment

The LS460 on the other hand is an import so may not be everybodys cup of tea

Genuine and very many thanks to Rich and Farqui for the link to this very interesting proposition. OOI I spoke this morning to the lady at the dealers who was extremely pleasant and  very helpful. In fact, probably the most engaging person in the motor trade I’ve spoken to in years. 

Nevertheless, there are aspects to this idea that sound alarm bells with me and that I need to investigate further. I am understandably keen to seek the wisdom of those much more knowledgeable than I am about ‘grey market’ (do we still call them that?) imports. In particular, short of finding a Japanese speaking person, I’m not sure how I can get all the original documentation and service history paperwork translated into English. Also, can I really be certain that the car has actually only clicked up 7k? Also, the vehicle will always be a grey import so future value would be affected accordingly, would it not?

Other issues need addressing before I journey from Suffolk to Derby to view this example. All/any advice or experience that LOC members can offer would be really gratefully received. Please may I invite responses from the membership as I’m clearly in a bit of a quandary.

Thank you in anticipation of lots of wise words and advice for this new boy to LS purchase and second-hand Japanese imports.

PeteTP

Cruisemark’s second paragraph is consistent with my thinking. 

Good luck Rich1068 - Ab Fab motor✔️.

Hi Pete

A member call phil (Theacre) has an import LS430 - might be worth sending him a message

Thnx cruisemark v much.

PeteTP

Cruiser mark do you have contact details for Paul or could you get him to join this debate please?

TVM again, appreciate every input.

PeteTP

I can't speak for you Pete but personally if the car didn't cost significantly more to insure because it's an import then I'd have no problem with it. I'm not too familiar with the LS460 but how much would a UK car of equivalent spec and condition be? If it's more then in all likelihood you're quids in.

Translating the service history from Japanese would be a bit of fun (just service what needs servicing on a 2006 car) and as far as resale is concerned, didn't you say you'd had your IS since new? Resale doesn't seem to be an issue for you...

But that's just me :biggrin:

Hi Rich,

Thanks again for your thoughts. Received wisdom, a night’s sleep and further thought leads me to politely declining the idea of an import. As you eluded to there may be distinct advantages but there are also drawbacks that hitherto I hadn’t been aware of.

So, many thanks again to those including Farqui that steered me in the direction of this low mileage import but I’m going to continue my (probably time consuming) search for a U.K. car. Meanwhile, all advice, information and wisdom that can direct me towards that elusive LS 460 will always be enormously appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.

PeteTP

No problem at all Pete. If there's one thing we all enjoy it's spending someone else's money :biggrin:

Thanks v much.....at least you’re honest😜👍!

PeteTP

3 hours ago, PeteTP said:

So, many thanks again to those including Farqui that steered me in the direction of this low mileage import

Pete @PeteTP, thanks for this but Richard @rich1068 gets that prize 😉

Thanks v much.....at least you’re honest😜👍!

PeteTP

• Like 1

Had my 460 getting on for 6 years ago now. One thing that sticks in my mind is the different spec between the 460 SE and the 460 SEL.

SE L very superior, Larger wheels, lots of extra switches, toys, etc. Always go for the SE L.

DSCF0018.JPG

• Like 1

Hello Graham,

Thank you for your help on this. If that’s your 460, it’s a beauty and just what I’m searching for. Whao,  bang on!

I thought the L was purely the longer wheelbase. But it seems that I was mistaken and now have been educated. The more of that sort of help for this new boy you can provide, so much the better.

Appreciate your guidance and please stay on board this thread as I feel it’s not going to end anytime soon🥴.

PeteTP

Have you considered an RX Pete? I had a 400h and it was splendid. Loads of room in the back for your boys too. And there are usually low mileage FLH ones floating about.

Rich, the honest answer is yes but tentatively. My guarded interest is mostly because I didn’t think the RX wouldn’t have the majestic waft and sublime cruising comfort of the LS. On the other hand there would be pros for the RX. 

So for now I will maintain the focus on an LS. However, having received your message, I will keep the concept of an RX in the middle of my (aged!) mind.

As always, TVM as I’m very pleasantly surprised by the warmth and friendly introduction to the LOC for this newbie.

PeteTP

Hi Graham,

May I invite your considered opinion on this example? Not perfect body/wheels-wise. Need to get the registration to check MoT history. Mileage is way up on what I’m after.

Anyway, all comments gratefully received from whoever would like to offer their opinion/wisdom.

PeteTP

Did you forget to put the link in? Happy to give any help, if I can. Bit of a Lexus anorak ( on my 7th LS now )

Not working at the moment, waiting for a By-pass Op, so spending many hours on the web.

There's a couple of nice 460s' for sale at the moment. What sort of budget have you? Any preference on colour?

Graham.

Hi Graham,

sorry to hear about your cardiac issues. Budget wise? Well what’s it take to get a circa 06-07 pristine sub 50k mike LS? Like looking for Lord Lucan I hear you cry!

Actually no need for the link cause I’m not impressed by the lack of TLC. So, instead, can you steer me towards these good examples you’re referring to - please? I don’t want anything other than the popular black, blue or silver paint. Ideally cream in interior or black. Not so sure about grey. Just depends if a particular car ticks all/most of the wish-want list. Certainly SE-L with FLSH and given love throughout its life.

Thatll do for starters eh?!!!!!😉🥴